Shoutbox

[NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail (/showthread.php?tid=48022)

[NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by riga on 07-24-2005 at 01:56 PM

I've got a POP3 mail  @tele2.it  but, even if i've configured POP3 e-mail, if I click on the notification MSGPLUS open IE with hotmail account and if I click in the Plus! contact list quick-menu MSGPLUS does nothing...

Why?

P.S. I remeber that only a month ago, it worked fine, but now (after a format of the Hard Disk) i've got this problem...

RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by JDawg_0789 on 07-24-2005 at 06:42 PM

As far as clicking IE and it opening Hotmail automatically, that is probably because you have your default email client set to Hotmail. To change that, open IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>(2nd to last tab, can't think of the name)>Email, and change it. As for the other problem, I'm not sure.

RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by riga on 07-24-2005 at 07:47 PM

Thanks for the advice but even if I've tried to do that nothing changed....

Some other solutions, please?

bye

riga

RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by Dempsey on 07-24-2005 at 07:50 PM

In the email setup in Plus! preferences, click the 'More Options' button and then browse for the program you want to open when you get an emailm such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird or whatever.

RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by riga on 07-24-2005 at 09:49 PM

i don't use and don't want any program to open mail.. i want to use IE or Firefox.....

RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by Zephyr on 07-24-2005 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riga
i don't use and don't want any program to open mail.. i want to use IE or Firefox.....

Well, in the More Options part, instead of typing a link to a program, you can type a link to a website such as your webmail site which will open in Internet Explorer.

If you want it to open in Firefox i suggest getting Stuffplug-NG, a plugin for Messenger Plus! which has an option to open all links from MSN in the default browser.
RE: [NEED HELP] - POP3 e-mail by riga on 07-24-2005 at 10:15 PM

yehaaaaa.. now it works, with firefox and also without Stuffplug. I've insered the web link in the more option part.

Thanks monster.rat, thanks very much and also thanks to JDawg_0789 and Dempsey for their reply....