Shoutbox

EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? (/showthread.php?tid=48033)

EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by shine on 07-24-2005 at 10:04 PM

There has been an Earthquake in Andaman Nicobar Island, India...Pretty close to Sumatra which was the epicenter of last Tsunami casuing earthquake...Hope there wont be another Tsunami...We dont have Tsunami Alert in East coast of India for the moment :|

http://www.ndtv.com/environment/Earthquake.asp?id=17394&callid=0

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by user27089 on 07-24-2005 at 10:06 PM

That's really bad, I doubt there will be another tsunami, I'm sure there would've been more preperation if there was :-/.

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by Shezi on 07-24-2005 at 10:08 PM

my friend also told me that news, he heard that on our national TV channel..
and yes i m from asia also.. :S hoping.. GOD will maintain peace...

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by Zephyr on 07-24-2005 at 10:10 PM

Many of the people affected in the tsunami in December are still without many basic needs. A lot of people will be more vulnerable if another tsunami occurs. I really hope it doesn't though.

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by wacky on 07-27-2005 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
That's really bad, I doubt there will be another tsunami, I'm sure there would've been more preperation if there was :-/.
I also doubt there will be another one soon but mother nature works in misterious ways.. There's been a lot of things happening this year.. I wouldn't find it surprising if something drastic happened again just maybe not another tsunami
RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by Rubber Stamp on 07-27-2005 at 01:01 PM

even i doubt there will be another tsunami.....afterall, i hadnt even heard of the name before last dec (actually, i had heard....its the name of a laser......my dads a laser sceintist)

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by qgroessl on 07-27-2005 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
even i doubt there will be another tsunami.....afterall, i hadnt even heard of the name before last dec (actually, i had heard....its the name of a laser......my dads a laser sceintist)

yeah... we used` to just call it a tidal wave until last december...

But I haven't heard much about the earthquake that just happened... and hope everybody's okay!
RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by Rubber Stamp on 07-27-2005 at 01:14 PM

i live in india and i didnt hear a thing bout it before this....i doubt it was 7.2 on the richter....it would have been all over the news if it had been that big...but it wasnt

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by shine on 07-27-2005 at 10:29 PM

It was all over the news (That link is of NDTV and is a news channel buddy) and the epicenter was in Andaman NIcobar Islands..Only Thailand (i believe) issued a Tsunami warning..

Tidal wave is somthing different guys..it happnes due to lunar or solar activity.

Tsunami occurs when there is an earthquake/movement or shift of oceanic plates or volcanic erruption under the sea.

RE: EarthQuake... Another Tsunami in Asia? by nightcrawler50 on 07-28-2005 at 03:20 AM

they're lik earthquake magnets, it must suk for those guys. i actually noe a guy who lost a cousin and an aunt there:(