Shoutbox

Video Driver Help!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Video Driver Help!!! (/showthread.php?tid=48037)

Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 01:34 AM

Today I installed WoW and it asked me if i wanted directX 9.0c.. I clicked yes... and i went threw a whole installing thing and i got this picture..

Plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how do i update my video drivers???

Thanx in advance....*pic in attachment*

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by multimillion2k on 07-25-2005 at 01:41 AM

What video card do you have? Did you make sure it is supported by the game?
What video cards are supported by Blizzard for World of Warcraft? (PC)
List of video card manufacturers

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 01:55 AM

Umm its a SiS 650_651_M650_740 ...... and its not listed in non-supported or supported

and is it possible to download a video card? lol*dumb question*

plzz help me :(!!!!

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by DJeX on 07-25-2005 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omgwtfbbq-tF
Umm its a SiS 650_651_M650_740 ...... and its not listed in non-supported or supported

and is it possible to download a video card? lol*dumb question*

Humm well, no you can't download a video card :P but you can buy one....

It looks like you have a built in card on your mother board that came with your computer. I don't think it is compatible with DirectX 9.0c. Most build in cards are not ment for games. You may want to go out and buy your self a better card.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 02:12 AM

What would you recommend??

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by DJeX on 07-25-2005 at 02:14 AM

I would check out the either a Nvidia ( http://www.nvidia.com ) or a Radeon card ( http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html )

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 02:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I would check out the either a Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com) or a Radeon card (http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html)

which of the two cost less... lol and whihc is more sufficient
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by multimillion2k on 07-25-2005 at 02:19 AM

LOL.. no, you can't download a video card! Don't worry, you just learned something new today :)
Your video card sounds like an integrated graphics card - Whether this is the reason your game doesn't run I'm not sure. I haven't played WoW but I'm sure it's very graphics intensive.
My suggestion? Invest in a graphics card.
Edit: Note to self - refresh before posting a reply.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by DJeX on 07-25-2005 at 02:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by multimillion2k
LOL.. no, you can't download a video card! Don't worry, you just learned something new today :)
Your video card sounds like an integrated graphics card - Whether this is the reason your game doesn't run I'm not sure. I haven't played WoW but I'm sure it's very graphics intensive.
My suggestion? Invest in a graphics card.

Learn to read other replies.

quote:
Originally posted by omgwtfbbq-tF
quote:
I would check out the either a Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com) or a Radeon card (http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html)

which of the two cost less... lol and whihc is more sufficient

Well they all cost money. Nothing is cheep today. I'd go with Nvidia. I recomend going with something in the GeForce 6 series ( http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce6.html )
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 02:26 AM

ok you can maybe try this...

click start...
click run...
enter (with quotes) "dxdiag"
click display
Look for DirectDraw Accelration and Direct3d accelration...check if they say enabled. If they are disabled click the enable buttion beside it.

If they are both enable the buttion that say test...
hope that helps.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 02:28 AM

Well they all cost money. Nothing is cheep today. I'd go with Nvidia. I recomend going with something in the GeForce 6 series ( http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce6.html )
Mmmk, but, what wouyld be the price canadian for it??

RE: RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 02:29 AM

Did u skip my post... i said try this and you might not have to get a new video card...

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
ok you can maybe try this...

click start...
click run...
enter (with quotes) "dxdiag"
click display
Look for DirectDraw Accelration and Direct3d accelration...check if they say enabled. If they are disabled click the enable buttion beside it.

If they are both enable the buttion that say test...
hope that helps.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Did u skip my post... i said try this and you might not have to get a new video card...
i did read it, but how would disabling help?????

just tried it, and it dont work...
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 02:31 AM

oh ok then go to a new card...

ebay might help.

i baught a 512 mb card for 98$

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by DJeX on 07-25-2005 at 02:32 AM

Ahh your Canadian good thing you said so. Check out www.tigerdirect.ca or www.ncix.com. There Canadian computer store sites. I would check out TigerDirect first tho.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/c...y_tlc.asp?CatId=28

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 02:34 AM

quote:
Ahh your Canadian good thing you said so. Check out www.tigerdirect.ca or www.ncix.com. There Canadian computer sites. I would check out TigerDirect first tho.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/c...y_tlc.asp?CatId=28

I checked it out, but most of them are 200$+ and some are prolly too cheap*ones uner 50$*to run WoW
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by DJeX on 07-25-2005 at 02:47 AM

Well yea what your going to pay for a decent video card is around $200 to $300. Mine cost $375 cnd. The $50 ones are about the same or worse than you have now.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Well yea thats what your going to pay for a decent video card is around $200 to $300. Mine cost $375 cnd. The $50 ones are about the same or worse than you have now.

On ebay i got a 512MB PCI Nvidia Geforce 5600 for 98$... and shipping was like 20$ so like 120$

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 03:22 AM

I guess its just my shitty computer*no name computer* cuz all my friends have dells that have RADEONS.... :(

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 03:37 AM

Sorry for double posting but i wanna know if this Video card is good.....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&cate...=1&ssPageName=WD1V

Hrmmmmm i guess im not getting a reply..

plzzzzzzz anyone.... is this good?

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 03:54 AM

thats good enought for latest games

but its AGP... you sure you pc has AGP or PCI

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by YottabyteWizard on 07-25-2005 at 02:45 PM

Radeon sux :P
J/k  the brands aren't the problem, i think Nvidia and ATI are good enough for this game, i have a GeForce 4 MX440 and play fine the game, also another friend of mine who is also sticked with NVidia and is using a GeForceFX 5200.

EDIT: Check for this, go to Start Menu -> Run...
then type "dxdiag" and press enter
go to the display section
check if direct3d acceleration it's enabled, if not do it.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by prashker on 07-25-2005 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard

told him to do that... no luck

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard

I did that, it doesnt work......
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by mad_onion on 07-25-2005 at 07:08 PM

yes the 5200 is easily good enough to run the game, you might have to have the setting relatively low but im sure you will understand if you dont want to pay a lot. im sure you do have an agp slot unless your pc is really old. but if you are in doubt run sisoft sandra www.sisoft.com which will tell you if you have one though im sure you do.
the 5200 will be fine and is a directx 9 card.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
yes the 5200 is easily good enough to run the game, you might have to have the setting relatively low but im sure you will understand if you dont want to pay a lot. im sure you do have an agp slot unless your pc is really old. but if you are in doubt run sisoft sandra www.sisoft.com which will tell you if you have one though im sure you do.
the 5200 will be fine and is a directx 9 card.
Yeah but,how much would a 5200 cost CnD?
and how old is old exactly for you..
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by mad_onion on 07-25-2005 at 08:20 PM

tbh i dont know any canadian components sites to look at so i have no idea how much it would cost. but is the 70 canadian dollars for that 5200 on ebay a lot??? i dont know.
well any pc older than 5 years might not have an agp slot but what windows version are you running and are there any stickers on your pc that say intel inside on them and then the processor???

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
tbh i dont know any canadian components sites to look at so i have no idea how much it would cost. but is the 70 canadian dollars for that 5200 on ebay a lot??? i dont know.
well any pc older than 5 years might not have an agp slot but what windows version are you running and are there any stickers on your pc that say intel inside on them and then the processor???
im running on XP and i have a Intel P4(according to the sticker)
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by Reaper on 07-25-2005 at 08:44 PM

you can get a ATi Radeon 9200 which isnt great but fairly cheap. its around £30 which is about $63 CA

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
you can get a ATi Radeon 9200 which isnt great but fairly cheap. its around £30 which is about $63 CA
well i know a mi-good/good one, like the Nvidia GeForce one that mad_oning was talking about
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by Reaper on 07-25-2005 at 08:48 PM

hmm. well like others have said u need to search ebay for vid cards like the GeforceFX 5200 or Radeon 9200. i think those 2 are ok for a low budget
speaking of budget whats the maximum ur willing to pay?

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-25-2005 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613

speaking of budget whats the maximum ur willing to pay?
not more then 180..
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by Reaper on 07-25-2005 at 08:55 PM

ok, i jus had a quick glance at ebay canada and i found this card
Radeon 9800 Pro

i have a radeon 9800 SE which a crapper version of the Pro and i have to say its a good card

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by mad_onion on 07-25-2005 at 09:51 PM

yes that fine anyting will do really a 9800 would be great. personally i would go for a radeon card as they work better with world of warcraft which is what you are going to be mostly playing. im sure you can get something very good for 180 canadian dollars.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-26-2005 at 09:58 PM

Mmk.... one last questiong will this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&cate...em=5223086959&rd=1 fit in this
plz some one answer me
PLZZZZZZZz

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-26-2005 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
With just the back of your case we can't really tell. Does it have a free AGP slow?

Here's a tip: want people to reply to your posts? Don't end them in "plzzzzzzzzzz" or "plzz help me!!!"
Lol... sorry and i dunno what a APG or what ever slot is (what does it look like)?
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by segosa on 07-26-2005 at 10:15 PM

Oops sorry, I deleted my post to make a small edit and repost without having the "Edited by" line, oh well, at least you quoted it.

RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-26-2005 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
Oops sorry, I deleted my post to make a small edit and repost without having the "Edited by" line, oh well, at least you quoted it.
what..does..it..look..like??
RE: Video Driver Help!!! by ddunk on 07-26-2005 at 11:25 PM

For starters, WTF is up with the large amount of spaces.

Checking if you have an AGP slot requires you to open up your computer, and from what I've seen, I think you should probably take it in to a store and have them check for you :\

RE: RE: Video Driver Help!!! by omgwtfbbq-tF on 07-27-2005 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
For starters, WTF is up with the large amount of spaces.

Checking if you have an AGP slot requires you to open up your computer, and from what I've seen, I think you should probably take it in to a store and have them check for you :\

'

Nvm i bought the one i showed to you guys... the last one i showed, and i do have apg slots, i checked, ty Ddunk..