Shoutbox

Cable Connection Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Cable Connection Problem (/showthread.php?tid=48066)

Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-25-2005 at 10:28 PM

Latley, i've been having trouble with my bloody cable connection on my XP. Sometimes MSN doesnt work and the internet exploerer does and vice versa.

RE: Cable Connection Problem by mwe99 on 07-25-2005 at 10:33 PM

Is the cable damaged? Physically or internally, You can always go buy a new cable.

RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-25-2005 at 10:46 PM

it may be, but the real problem is that when i try to get on the internet it says it cant find my homepage or any other page but MSN still works

RE: Cable Connection Problem by M73A on 07-25-2005 at 10:56 PM

i used to get that:P goto start - run -> cmd.exe and ping a few websites... and in the address bar of IE or FF put the ip address see if it loads then... (it loaded the page when i had a problem similar to this)

RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-25-2005 at 11:01 PM

o alrite, thnx

RE: Cable Connection Problem by M73A on 07-25-2005 at 11:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nightcrawler50
o alrite, thnx

im not sure what result u'll have but it worked for me.. it seemed to sort itself out after i did that... good luck anyway

RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-25-2005 at 11:19 PM

it didnt work, but thanx any way, chap

RE: Cable Connection Problem by M73A on 07-25-2005 at 11:27 PM

do you have a firewall that allows msn but blocks your web browser??

RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-25-2005 at 11:53 PM

i dont think its the firewall but everyonce while a sign pops up and says url ocal area connection plug's disconnected or somethin

RE: Cable Connection Problem by multimillion2k on 07-26-2005 at 12:00 AM

quote:
Latley, i've been having trouble with my bloody cable connection on my XP. Sometimes MSN doesnt work and the internet exploerer does and vice versa.
quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
Is the cable damaged? Physically or internally, You can always go buy a new cable.
:rofl:

It could be a physical problem with your network cable, but from what you've mentioned in your first post it doesn't sound like it. Have you been changing your network settings lately? Or firewall settings?
RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-26-2005 at 12:23 AM

we were recently hit by a virus and my bro had to reset everything

o wait i just fixed it for a little while, when the sign saying ur area connection plug was disonnected i clicked it before it went away and i  repaired the problem.

it work , kinda

RE: Cable Connection Problem by multimillion2k on 07-26-2005 at 01:09 AM

quote:
o wait i just fixed it for a little while, when the sign saying ur area connection plug was disonnected i clicked it before it went away and i  repaired the problem.

Well, that would be a reason why you can't connect - you wouldn't be connected to the modem/router. Perhaps you need to find out why it keeps disconnecting your LAN connection. I remember I had a setting where mine would automatically be disabled, but I can't remember how or why it was configured that way. Maybe someone has an idea.
RE: Cable Connection Problem by nightcrawler50 on 07-26-2005 at 01:19 AM

o, that sounds like it could be the same for my problem

RE: Cable Connection Problem by multimillion2k on 07-26-2005 at 01:25 AM

I think in my case I was using my Dad's computer as a gateway, and when his computer wasn't on when mine booted, the LAN connection was disabled. I've got a router now, so I don't have to worry about it anymore. I don't know if your situation is similar.