Shoutbox

Can't send OR receive messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can't send OR receive messages (/showthread.php?tid=48084)

Can't send OR receive messages by Estridente on 07-26-2005 at 07:35 AM

Hi everyone!!!!

I'm unable to send or to receive messages, the first time I noticed was the day before yesterday but I wasn't aware of it until yesterday when everything was normal, today everything was still normal until a few hours ago when I was again unable to comunicate I had recently installed the wave 11 glass skin so I uninstalled it but nothing changed, then uninstalled the stuff plug in, then messenger Plus! and then messenger itself so I could do a clean installation and now with messenger Plus! and the Stuff plugin disabled I still can't send or receive any messages.

Please help

Thanks in advance

RE: Can't send OR receive messages by Hank on 07-26-2005 at 08:00 AM

have you tried when u have uninstalled MSN Messenger an PLus have you gone to C:/Program files/MSN Messenger < -- delete that folder  an then reinstalled MSN Messenger

RE: Can't send OR receive messages by Zephyr on 07-26-2005 at 10:17 AM

Also, delete the MSN Messenger folder in the registry.

After uninstalling and deleting the Program Files folder, go to:

Start > Run > regedit > Locate to the following folders and right click, delete:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSNMessenger

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger
Be careful that you don't delete anything else in the registry, just the MSNMessenger folders.

RE: Can't send OR receive messages by linx05 on 07-26-2005 at 11:07 AM

Open up the StuffPlug-NG options (/xspoptions) and untick "Enable the Ignore Feature". It's a known problem with StuffPlug-NG.

RE: Can't send OR receive messages by Estridente on 07-26-2005 at 08:27 PM

I tried uninstalling and deleting everything as you said but nothing has changed

I didn't reinstall the Stuff plugin at all and the problem remains

Another thing I noticed is that I can't see the display pictures of my contacts since all of this started