Shoutbox

Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] (/showthread.php?tid=48097)

Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] by dc82 on 07-26-2005 at 07:12 PM

Hi

Firstly, I hope this is the right area for my question!

I would like to know if there is a plugin available, which allows you to assign a different sound for a different contact so that everytime they send or reply to a message, an alternative assigned sound is played?

Im aware you can already set up Messenger Plus so that different sounds can be played each time a different contact signs in to Messenger, but would find it very useful to know when a particular person has responded in a conversation window, without having to look!

Thanks for any information :)

RE: Different sound for different contact by NiteMare on 07-26-2005 at 07:14 PM

that would be a good suggestion for a MSG Plus! feature

RE: Different sound for different contact by qgroessl on 07-26-2005 at 07:17 PM

Yeah... I agree... Why hasn't anybody thought of this before!?! lol... Patchou should look into this.

RE: Different sound for different contact by NiteMare on 07-26-2005 at 07:18 PM

i recomment you add [plus! suggestion] to your thread title, and it be moved to the msgplus section(my a mod of course)

RE: Different sound for different contact by Zephyr on 07-26-2005 at 07:37 PM

This was also suggested here Custom message sound for different contacts

Patchou says it's possible.

RE: Different sound for different contact by qgroessl on 07-26-2005 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by monster.rat
Patchou says it's possible.

Hmm... Anybody think this could be one of those features he "forgets" to tell us about... haha... or in other words... One of his suprise features that everybody seems to like!
RE: Different sound for different contact by NiteMare on 07-26-2005 at 07:43 PM

quote:
RE: Custom message sound for different contacts

I'm sure it would be possible as Patchou has the custom sign in and sign out sounds in plus!. It could be a good idea but i don't think many people will use it.

i use that feature all the time, fo the speople i really want to talk to, i put a custom sound, so i can hear it when i'm watching TV
RE: Different sound for different contact by Zephyr on 07-26-2005 at 07:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i use that feature all the time, fo the speople i really want to talk to, i put a custom sound, so i can hear it when i'm watching TV

I went as far as recording my own voice saying this contact has signed in or this contact has signed out. I did this for all of my about 60 contacts then. But then i couldn't be bothered to do more as i have about 100 contacts now.
RE: Different sound for different contact by qgroessl on 07-26-2005 at 07:48 PM

quote:
I went as far as recording my own voice saying this contact has signed in or this contact has signed out. I did this for all of my about 60 contacts then. But then i couldn't be bothered to do more as i have about 100 contacts now.

Good idea for those who have mics!... But then again... the suggestion of having them for each message recieved is a really good idea too... Like... You're watching a movie, and then you hear people talkin to you... and you know there's only one person you absolutely need to talk to if they come online... Then you know it's them and not just some person that wants to chat.
RE: RE: Different sound for different contact by dc82 on 07-26-2005 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Like... You're watching a movie, and then you hear people talkin to you... and you know there's only one person you absolutely need to talk to if they come online... Then you know it's them and not just some person that wants to chat.

Yeah.. thats exactly what I would like it for!

Thanks for the responses guys
RE: Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] by qgroessl on 07-27-2005 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dc82
Yeah.. thats exactly what I would like it for!

Thanks for the responses guys

and thanks for the suggestion ;)... hopefully Patchou notices it!
RE: Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] by Concord Dawn on 07-27-2005 at 12:35 AM

What about going so far as to possibly use the Microsoft Speech applet to say "<Contact> has just signed in."?

RE: Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] by qgroessl on 07-27-2005 at 12:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
What about going so far as to possibly use the Microsoft Speech applet to say "<Contact> has just signed in."?

Eh, that's not what we're talking about anymore ;) haha... you can already do that... We mean everytime somebody sends you a message you can hear a different sound for each different person.
RE: Different sound for different contact [plus! suggestion] by Lou on 07-27-2005 at 01:58 AM

now this would be awesome!....sum1 msg PAtchou! lol