Shoutbox

Boss-Protection - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Boss-Protection (/showthread.php?tid=48175)

Boss-Protection by brokenangel943 on 07-27-2005 at 03:12 PM

It seems to me that as of late, after installing msn 7 and MsgPlus 3.54, the boss protection key does not work properly.  When i press the key combo, which in my case is the default ctrl-space, all it does is minimize the windows, not "hide" them as it should.  I tried switching to other combos like ctrl-? or ctrl-/ but the same thing happens.  Any ideas?

RE: Boss-Protection by user27089 on 07-27-2005 at 03:18 PM

It is working perfectly for me, I can't see what your problem is, do you have all of the latest versions of Messenger Plus! & MSN Messenger?

[Image: attachment.php?pid=502975]

RE: Boss-Protection by CookieRevised on 07-27-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brokenangel943
It seems to me that as of late, after installing msn 7 and MsgPlus 3.54, the boss protection key does not work properly.  When i press the key combo, which in my case is the default ctrl-space, all it does is minimize the windows, not "hide" them as it should.  I tried switching to other combos like ctrl-? or ctrl-/ but the same thing happens.  Any ideas?
have you tried normal key combinations like CTRL-H, CTRL-O, etc... and restarting MSN Messenger and MsgPlus?

RE: Boss-Protection by brokenangel943 on 07-27-2005 at 03:30 PM

I have tried other key combinations like ctrl + h and ctrl + a, but no luck, all the msn does is minimize rather than just hide.  I do have version 3.54.132 of Messenger Plus and version 7.0 build 7.0.0813 of msn.

RE: Boss-Protection by krs1 on 07-27-2005 at 04:23 PM

Is boss protection enabled?

Open your contact list click Plus! --> Prefrences --> Privacy Protection... next to Enable boss protection feature should have a check next to it... in protection one system wide shortcut should tell you what key comibination you need to press!

-Kris

RE: Boss-Protection by Patchou on 07-27-2005 at 06:27 PM

I'd like you to do a test... change your status two or three times and then try again and tell us if it solves the problem or not (it may sound strange but there's a technical reason for that :)).

RE: Boss-Protection by brokenangel943 on 07-27-2005 at 07:37 PM

I tried what u suggested, i switched thru different statuses, and it still does not hide my msn, it only minimizes it.