Shoutbox

Uninstall an OS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Uninstall an OS (/showthread.php?tid=48192)

Uninstall an OS by YottabyteWizard on 07-27-2005 at 10:46 PM

Well, i just installed Mandreake Linux and Longhorn build 5048 just for testing/experimentig them, i really like them, but currently im needed of HDD memory, so i want to delete both of them, is there a way to erase every trace of the OSs completly? I was thinking in just erasing the partitions but now my question si what is going to happen to the boot screens and stuff?

RE: Uninstall an OS by Reaper on 07-28-2005 at 12:02 AM

are mandrake and longhorn the only OS' installed on ur pc?

RE: Uninstall an OS by YottabyteWizard on 07-28-2005 at 01:24 AM

No, also Windows XP Media Center, that's the one i want to stick with

RE: Uninstall an OS by rav0 on 07-28-2005 at 07:16 AM

If Windows XP Media Center Edition says it is on C:\ then:

Reinstall Windows XP Media Center Edition, to make sure that the bootloader will be ok, then delete the Longhorn and Mandriva partitions.

Maybe it will still have Longhorn in the list to choose from, if it does, just open c:/boot.ini in a text editor and delete the Longhorn line from it.

If Windows XP Media Center Edition says it is not on C:\ then:
Reinstall Windows XP Media Center Edition, to make sure that the bootloader will be ok. Delete the folders inside C:\ but leave the system files there. Delete your Mandriva partition, and resize the C:\ partition as small as you want, to put the space somewhere else. It should still have Longhorn in the list to choose from, just open c:/boot.ini in a text editor and delete the Longhorn line from it.

RE: Uninstall an OS by YottabyteWizard on 07-28-2005 at 04:20 PM

Yeah! Excelent, thanks!