Shoutbox

Contact Song Logger: BETA3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Contact Song Logger: BETA3 (/showthread.php?tid=48217)

Contact Song Logger: BETA3 by Jedimark on 07-28-2005 at 10:59 AM

Contact Song Logger - Beta

UPDATE: 31st July - BETA2
Pretty much done now! This version includes contact music history viewer so you can see what music your contacts have listened to in the past (and how many times)!

Still no further with the Plus! integration though... anybody??(Y)

UPDATE: 30th July - BETA2
Basically the major difference here is the application will generate and maintain an XML file containing all the songs your contacts have played, and how many times they have played them.

I just want to know if the XML file processing works okay. So can people test for me.

Gunna start working on the MsgPlus! integration now.

(PS - Going to call it Music Log Plus! I think)

############################

I have developed a small application that monitors the songs that your MSN Contacts play.

At the moment it is only a Beta and so I would like it if people could test it for me and report any bugs. Feedback / comments / requests / improvements etc welcome aswell!

Ultimately I want to integrate it with MsgPlus! as a plug-in but I wrote this application in C# and I have no idea how to make it into a Plus! plug-in! Anyone have a template I could go by? (Anyone want to help me out here?)

Anyway, here is the link to download:

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/~rylander/csl/csl.zip

Just unzip and run.

What I plan:
> MsgPlus! integration
> Full log management so you can find out easily what your contacts favourite songs are etc.

Thanks to Stigmata from the Mess.be forums for giving me a helpful hint.

Screenshot:

[Image: csl-sshot.JPG]

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Max on 07-28-2005 at 12:16 PM

Looks nice, I am downloading it as we speak. However I think the user interface could do with an upgrade - send me a PM, I think we can work something out.

Edit - To intergrate it with Plus! you need to download the Messenger Plus! API, inside it includes code of which you can base your Plugin on. Click here to download.

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Stigmata on 07-28-2005 at 04:27 PM

oh that legend Stigmata :rolleyes:

Good to see it works :)

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Patchou on 07-28-2005 at 05:32 PM

Looks great. You may also be happy to know that the next version of Messenger Plus! will allow plugins like yours to add their own entries in the event log.

RE: RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Jedimark on 07-28-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patches
To intergrate it with Plus! you need to download the Messenger Plus! API, inside it includes code of which you can base your Plugin on. Click here to download.

I guess I was being lazy and just hopeing that I could use a template like the VB.NET one? I don't really know how to use the API to get it to work, so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Looks great. You may also be happy to know that the next version of Messenger Plus! will allow plugins like yours to add their own entries in the event log.

Thanks Patchou. And that's great about be able to access the Event Log.

And, no bugs anyone? (H)
RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by matty on 07-28-2005 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

w00t my feature that I have been bugging Patchou about for ages is finally being added lol
RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by absorbation on 07-28-2005 at 07:09 PM

looks good, do you want me to add it to my downloads database at http://www.msgstuff.com ? :P

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by M73A on 07-28-2005 at 07:11 PM

cool:P now i can refer to the crappy music my mates listen to and they cant deny it :D:P

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by qgroessl on 07-28-2005 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
cool now i can refer to the crappy music my mates listen to and they cant deny it 

Yeah! all that damn boyband music that was cool like, 5 years ago! N Sync, Backstreet Boys (even with the come back)... Yeah!
RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Max on 07-28-2005 at 07:44 PM

I am working with Jedimark on this one.

I am doing the graphics, we are going to try and make it look and feel like a Messenger Plus! feature more than an Plugin as much as possible. :)

RE: RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA by Jedimark on 07-28-2005 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
looks good, do you want me to add it to my downloads database at http://www.msgstuff.com ? :P

Wait until I finish it.
RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA2 by Jedimark on 07-30-2005 at 07:03 PM

Updated it a bit folks, read the first post that I edited.

RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA2 by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 02:23 PM

i've added it to my website, it should get a few more downloads ;)

RE: RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA2 by Jedimark on 07-31-2005 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
i've added it to my website, it should get a few more downloads ;)

Thanks, but can you update the screenshot and make the download the file you find here:
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/~rylander/csl/csl.zip

.. because I've updated it (again). Also, I'd rather at the moment people have the ZIP. If they download the EXE straight from the site and select "open" rather than "save" the creation of the XML file will prob end up in the temporary internet files folder or something.

Now, with full contact music history viewer.

In fact, it's pretty much done... with the exception of making it a Plus! plugin.... but I'll be honest with you. I'm totally stuck here! So any help would be so much appreciated!!! Basically I need a C# template or something!

Kind regards,
- Mark
RE: Contact Song Logger: BETA3 by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 02:54 PM

updated on my site now :) i need to add more downloads :S