Shoutbox

backing up custom features - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: backing up custom features (/showthread.php?tid=48219)

backing up custom features by Starforce2 on 07-28-2005 at 11:58 AM

Is there a way to export custom sound library, custom smilies and recieved winks? In the case of the smilies any way they can be saved as gif as well? Since their user created (if msn holds copyright on the ones that come with the program those could be understandibly locked out) I'd like to be able to use them places other than msn. At the very least however, I'd like to transfer them to my next msn messenger, like when I format or for backup purposes.

RE: backing up custom features by user27089 on 07-28-2005 at 12:01 PM

You can back up your custom emoticons by downloading the extractor from mess.be, you can also export your custom sounds using the export soundpack feature with messenger plus! I don't think that there is a current wink exporter.

RE: backing up custom features by Starforce2 on 07-28-2005 at 12:08 PM

Ok, now how about some of the sounds on my hardrive, I'd liek to add them but for some reason msn don't like'em. Yet other files of the same filetype (all within the length limit) work?

RE: backing up custom features by RaceProUK on 07-29-2005 at 08:19 PM

Try opening the soundfiles in Windows Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe), and re-saving them. That'll fix any problems in the files, and then you can try adding them again.

Note: Only for WAVs - I don't know any MP3 editors.

RE: backing up custom features by Starforce2 on 07-29-2005 at 11:32 PM

there are tons of them on download.com, some are free some are trials or cheap. I'll find one that works.

You know, if I simply back up the appplication data folders contents for msn messenger and replace all those files on my new install I'll simply have everything back...right?

RE: backing up custom features by RaceProUK on 07-31-2005 at 08:10 PM

Maybe - I'm not sure exactly how it all works behind the scenes.

RE: backing up custom features by lordy on 08-23-2005 at 09:46 PM

i realise that this is kinda old, but i looked on mess.be for the extractor that traxor posted about, and i cant seem to find it :S what is it called exactly? or can someone post a link or something on here?

RE: backing up custom features by CookieRevised on 08-24-2005 at 01:45 AM

there are many emoticon backup programs around. Search for "emoticon backup" (without the quotes) on mess.be...

note: beware, some contain adware