Shoutbox

Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] (/showthread.php?tid=48266)

Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Shezi on 07-29-2005 at 07:11 PM

[Image: tie15xv.jpg]
[Image: tie26zl.jpg]
[Image: tie30jr.jpg]
[Image: tie43mj.jpg]
[Image: tie52dy.jpg]

ASCOT
[Image: papillon.gif]

METHOD OF IRONING A TIE

if any one know more then post their snaps in action of making ...
RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by emit on 07-29-2005 at 07:37 PM

There are 84 ways to tie a tie (widely acknowledged number). The most popular being the Windsor (most school children use this for ease). I myself always use a double Windsor (google for pics).

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by ayjay on 07-29-2005 at 07:49 PM

The most boring topic since Blade left :P

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by qgroessl on 07-29-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
The most boring topic since Blade left 

Haha.. I dunno... it might be boring, but it's useful... I never can remember how to tie ties... now I'll be able to come on here whenever I need to.
RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Shezi on 07-29-2005 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
The most boring topic since Blade left :P
i am happy if u think that i took the place of .blade. ..
RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by ayjay on 07-29-2005 at 08:02 PM

I use the prince albert one but they're never as nice and perfect as that. Maybe it's because my school tie is a stupid sort of shiny material.

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Shezi on 07-29-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
I use the prince albert one but they're never as nice and perfect as that. Maybe it's because my school tie is a stupid sort of shiny material.
i also like THE PRINCE ALBERT one... :) it looks awesome .. :) IMO
RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by buzz on 07-29-2005 at 08:36 PM

bah i use the 3rd one.. imo the instructions rly rly suck,  i find its alot faster to learn if someone tell you how cuz with instrustions you kinda need to look at them in a mirror :-/

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Pipish on 07-29-2005 at 10:48 PM

I use the first one :)

whats the actualy name for it

dodgy japanise writing

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by NiteMare on 07-30-2005 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
The most popular being the Windsor (most school children use this for ease).

really?, its pretty complicated, i've tryed

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by multimillion2k on 07-30-2005 at 01:07 AM

I've always used the double windsor. and that windsor diagram is dodgy, if you followed the instuctions it would end up inside out.

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by lopardo on 07-30-2005 at 01:39 AM

I never cared about it, I just had my dad or a friend doing it for me for 6 years :P

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by multimillion2k on 07-30-2005 at 01:50 AM

And then hopefully your girlfriend and wife will. You're set for life.

Unless no woman marries you until you learn to tie your own tie - then sucks to be you :P

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by lopardo on 07-30-2005 at 01:58 AM

That is, if I ever need to wear a tie again.

Anyways, I should get a girlfriend just in case :P

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by NiteMare on 07-30-2005 at 02:51 AM

i tryed that windsor diagram, and got my hand stuck, stumbled backwards, trip over my chair, and landed on my back, which now hurts

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by marissa on 07-30-2005 at 03:30 AM

cool...ive always wondered how to tie a tie :)

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by NiteMare on 07-30-2005 at 04:19 AM

how come more women know how to tie a tie then men, atleat in the teenager age range

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by WDZ on 07-30-2005 at 04:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
There are 84 ways to tie a tie
I only know of one... it's called "the clip-on" :p
RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Chrono on 07-30-2005 at 04:56 AM

i use the trend knot, very nice and easy :banana:

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by Shezi on 07-30-2005 at 06:19 AM

double windsor..
[Image: windsor.gif]
isn't that simple.. ^o)
also updated the first post with the way of making ascot and ironing a TIE...
wats the name of the knot in the below pic..
[Image: ascot.gif]

RE: Different ways of making a TIE for wearing.......[PICS] by multimillion2k on 07-30-2005 at 08:31 AM

Double winsor guarantees a perfect shape - the only problem is it requires a long tie andif it is thick you will have a bulge the size of canada protruding from your collar.