Shoutbox

Magnet Links - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Magnet Links (/showthread.php?tid=48280)

Magnet Links by Edu115 on 07-30-2005 at 04:48 AM

Is there any way of adding a contact to the list clicking in one link with a specific "protocol"? Probably there is, but i can't find, so i leave her my suggestion anyways.

Like there are for eMule/eDonkey ( ed2k: ), for WMP and another players ( mms: ), for Azureus, etc.

I guess it would be nice and very very very pratic if you could add someone to your contacts list just clicking like, for example, msn:contact@e-mail.com

I think it could be even more than a plugin, and an actual feature for Msg Plus.

RE: Magnet Links by Dempsey on 07-31-2005 at 12:00 PM

well I think this would actually have to be a feature for Messenger itself, unless a proxy is used.

I can only think of two ways of making this happen:

• Use a proxy and send the protocol command for adding the new contact.
  • Use SendMessage, FindWindow etc to bring up the add contact window and paste in the address and click next etc, but this would obviously be visible to the user.

Both ways would work, but the first way seems a bit bloated using a proxy just for one function, maybe its something Messenger Discovery could add as it's already using a proxy?

The second way would work, without a proxy but as I said it would show the windows and wouldn't be much quicker than manaully adding the contact.
RE: Magnet Links by aNILEator on 07-31-2005 at 12:31 PM

isn't this going to be part of msn 7.5? i thought i read something like that on mess.be that you could use a tag code to link to your conversations from websites eg

msnim:fukafly@gmail.com.sendmsg=Hiya nile

RE: Magnet Links by RaceProUK on 07-31-2005 at 08:18 PM

Just so long as they make it a recognised protocol, like HTTP is. That way, us Firefox users can use those links as well.