Shoutbox

upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus (/showthread.php?tid=48290)

upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by Philbee on 07-30-2005 at 01:24 PM

hi.  i have a question wiuth regards to upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus.  if i were to upgrade msn messenger (to 7.5 when it is released) do i uninstall messenger plus, install the new version of msn messenger, and then re-install messenger plus?  or do i do nothing with messenger plus and just update msn messenger?

thanks in advance.  i have wondered about this for a long time.

RE: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by qgroessl on 07-30-2005 at 01:30 PM

I'm not sure... but I think you just install MSN Messenger... MSG Plus! will automatically hook itself to it...

RE: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by absorbation on 07-30-2005 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
I'm not sure... but I think you just install MSN Messenger... MSG Plus! will automatically hook itself to it...

yeh messenger plus! hooks itself onto msn messenger so no need to reinstall plus! :P
RE: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by Philbee on 07-30-2005 at 01:34 PM

wow thanks alot!  that was a fast reply!  now i have another question...when a new version of messenger plus itself is released, do i uninstall the old one, or just install the updage over the old one?

thanks again. :)

RE: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by EvilSeph on 07-30-2005 at 01:37 PM

Installing the update/upgrade over your current installation should be fine. I personally install a-new because I don't just sit on MSN Messenger and chat, I usually try to crash Plus!, test it, find bugs etc. even if it's no longer in beta.

RE: upgrading msn messenger and messenger plus by absorbation on 07-30-2005 at 02:10 PM

messenger plus, installation is very safe. it has to be with so many downloads and alot of noobs out there ;)