Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window (/showthread.php?tid=48293)

Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window by TRIFORCE89 on 07-30-2005 at 04:54 PM

Every time I open MSN Messenger after turning on my computer I find that the Plus! menu is not listed. After a few seconds the Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options windows pops up. I've tried both "Repair and restart Messenger (recommended)" and "Repair and try to fix permanently when computer starts" several times as this problem is happening every time I turn on my computer.

I've tried allowing Plus! in both Microsoft Anti-Spyware and in Norton Internet Security. Still no success.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks,

RE: Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window by qgroessl on 07-30-2005 at 05:13 PM

Try uninstalling and reinstalling MSG Plus!... if that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling MSN Messenger too... But it sounds like it should only have to be Plus!

RE: Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window by TRIFORCE89 on 07-30-2005 at 08:08 PM

Thanks. I tried it. No sucess though.

RE: Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window by linx05 on 07-31-2005 at 04:15 AM

Try changing the way Plus! attaches itself to MSN.

Plus! > Preferences > General > Miscellaneous > Messenger Attach Method.

Try changing it to Alternate.

RE: Messenger Plus! - Recovery Options Window by TRIFORCE89 on 08-08-2005 at 01:19 PM

Well...it worked for a bit. The Recovery Window did it's thing and Plus would load properly as long as I didn't have MSN loading on Windows startup.

I was using MSN on my father's side of XP and I got the Recovery Window popup. I hit "Do not show this window" or something along those lines, thinking that meant just for that one session, and if not it wouldn't matter since he doesn't use MSN anyway. Well...I'm back on my side of XP and Plus is loading in the MSN menu, and the Recovery Window won't even show now.

Any ideas?

And thanks for the previous help.