Shoutbox

Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router (/showthread.php?tid=48304)

Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router by p23185 on 07-30-2005 at 11:38 PM

Help - I can only make text messages through Win Messenger when going through an Airlink Model AR315W wireless router.  I have tried everything and cannot figure out how to establish video, audio, and file transfer capability through the router.  I bypass the router with a direct link to cable modem and this pc works just find on Win Messenger with all of the above capabilities.  All pcs are running current version of Win XP home SP2.

What is wrong?  What needs to be opened?  I even tried opening TCP/UDP ports 1 - 65xxx with no success.

RE: Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router by M73A on 07-31-2005 at 12:07 AM

windows messenger?

try msn messenger.. (Y).....

im on a wireless router and i can do webcam fine.. do you get any error messages?

RE: Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router by p23185 on 07-31-2005 at 12:30 AM

yes, windows messenger the one that is downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmessenger/default.mspx.  My brother uses MSN messenger and it is different and I choose not to try and install yet another application that does the same thing with different software.

RE: Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router by NiteMare on 07-31-2005 at 12:40 AM

your title makes it sound like a contest:(

RE: Win Messenger over Airlink Wireless Router by matty on 07-31-2005 at 04:50 AM

Have you tried setting your computers IP addess as the DMZ through the router configuration? This will make all incoming traffic go directly to your PC.

Also make sure you have UPnP Enabled on the router.