Shoutbox

What happens when you reactivate windows? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What happens when you reactivate windows? (/showthread.php?tid=48305)

What happens when you reactivate windows? by M73A on 07-30-2005 at 11:45 PM

my current activation code doesnt work with windows update etc... its bin on there since i got the pc though:S

what would happen if i changed it to another code from my other pc?

thanks

RE: What happens when you reactivate windows? by NiteMare on 07-31-2005 at 01:12 AM

well if its a valid code it should work like normal

also it has to be for the same version, i.e. windows xp home, or windows xp Professional, ect.

RE: What happens when you reactivate windows? by Caboose on 07-31-2005 at 01:56 AM

If you're sure you have a legit copy of XP, you can disable the WGA check when you go to Windows Update instead of changing your key. If I posted instructions on how to do it, though, people would most likely freak out and I would be burned to a crisp from all the flames, even though it would be for a legitimate purpose.

Email me if you want the instructions (only may73alliance ¬_¬), or look around the Interweb to find out how to do it.

RE: What happens when you reactivate windows? by Dane on 07-31-2005 at 02:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
my current activation code doesnt work with windows update etc... its bin on there since i got the pc though:S

what would happen if i changed it to another code from my other pc?

thanks

OR your other activation code would be blacklisted as activation data is also based on computer hardware.