Shoutbox

Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P (/showthread.php?tid=48310)

Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by M73A on 07-31-2005 at 01:53 PM

would this be able to be made a skine?

transparent msn:P

of course you'd need a wallpaper that makes it easy to read so writing... but i think you can change the colour somehow anyway:P

[Image: transparentmsnidea9ar.th.jpg]

Direct Link To Image Click Here

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 02:04 PM

you would need messenger plus! and windows 2000 or xp :( and you have to make the whole part like that. We would love to make a vista skin but we can't for tht reason :(

however if you want it like that you could plus make all pngs tranparent would be easy :P but it would look ugly in my view. However a very very easy skin to make. Just make all pngs tranparent ;)

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Shezi on 07-31-2005 at 02:04 PM

hey .. it looks coooll.. if anyone can then plz go with it to make it possible.. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
you would need messenger plus! and windows 2000 or xp :( and you have to make the whole part like that. We would love to make a vista skin but we can't for tht reason :(

however if you want it like that you could plus make all pngs tranparent would be easy :P but it would look ugly in my view. However a very very easy skin to make. Just make all pngs tranparent ;)
y not included in the upcoming version of msgplus! .. ;)
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 02:08 PM

i could do it very easy just make all the pngs tranparent :P jamach would make an insatller for it. Would you want any uifile chnages becuase it would be boring :(

oh and messenger plus! would make the other bits like it to ;) you could try making the backgrounds rgb(255,0,255) which should work. leant to use reshack you would find it very easy ;)

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 02:15 PM

you cant "just make pngs transparent", believe me ive tried (as have lots of other msn skinners), it just isnt possible

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
you cant "just make pngs transparent", believe me ive tried (as have lots of other msn skinners), it just isnt possible

delete them and reshcak a blank canvas. I done it for the convosation window to fit in with the background and that worked :P however could you make the background tranparent without plus? is the question or change the tab background and that tranparent :S

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Patchou and Guido have both mentioned previously that they will not allow a messenger plus! skin to be made either

wrong, patchou allows a messenger plus! skin ;)
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Shezi on 07-31-2005 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Patchou and Guido have both mentioned previously that they will not allow a messenger plus! skin to be made either
if with msgplus! u can set the contact list transparent then y not just the background of contact list made be transparent.. ^o)

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shezi
quote:
if with msgplus! u can set the contact list transparent then y not just the background of contact list made be transparent.. ^o)

because there is windows api to make windows transparent, msn messenger uifiles DO NOT support transparency, therefore msgplus can only make the whole window transparent
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 03:00 PM

quote:
because there is windows api to make windows transparent, msn messenger uifiles DO NOT support transparency, therefore msgplus can only make the whole window transparent

how about changing the background rgb to rgb(255,0,255) it makes bitmaps tranparent or would it make that funny pink? :P
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Lou on 07-31-2005 at 03:52 PM

quote:

Ive done it....not skinned msn but I have a program for it... you open it with the program and select the colours you want transparent and then save it...its actually quite easy with the right tools:P
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:

Ive done it....not skinned msn but I have a program for it... you open it with the program and select the colours you want transparent and then save it...its actually quite easy with the right tools:P

dude i know how to make transparent images :P, im just saying its not possible to use transparent images in msn skins (the transparent areas turn out black, not transparent)
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 04:34 PM

quote:

dude i know how to make transparent images , im just saying its not possible to use transparent images in msn skins (the transparent areas turn out black, not transparent)

not for me they blend in with the background :P ic an show screenies
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 04:36 PM

quote:
quote:

dude i know how to make transparent images , im just saying its not possible to use transparent images in msn skins (the transparent areas turn out black, not transparent)

not for me they blend in with the background :P ic an show screenies

please do :O :P
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Shezi on 07-31-2005 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:

with which program u can do this.. ?^o)
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 04:41 PM

that's some screenshot some guy sent me, he does that with the skin his working on. I done it for a skin myself before to fit in with the background. It was called world skin. Let me find a screenhot of what i did :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=504612]

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 05:02 PM

* Eljay wonders whats transparent in that image :S

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Plik on 07-31-2005 at 05:05 PM

quote:
* Lee Jeffery wonders whats transparent in that image :S
The close, restore and mazimise buttons...... duh

no seriously what is trasparent in that image and in what way is the trasparency like what may73 wants?
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 05:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Madman
no seriously what is trasparent in that image and in what way is the trasparency like what may73 wants?

the png's 808, 803, 805, 801 and 802. Which are the bar that goes across :P

that's the pngs blending in what the background madman. The background would have to be tranparent. Which is the rgb value 255,0,255. Well i think and that's what i want testing :P
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 05:20 PM

nah thats not the kind of transparency that m73a wants :P, you can make anything transparent in the msn window and it will show whats behind it, but behind the window isnt the desktop, its a giant black box which is what shows through when you have transparent background images, which is why it cant be done

maybe in msn8 eh... :P

RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 06:25 PM

quote:
nah thats not the kind of transparency that m73a wants :P, you can make anything transparent in the msn window and it will show whats behind it, but behind the window isnt the desktop, its a giant black box which is what shows through when you have transparent background images, which is why it cant be done

yeh that's my plan. you can make a tranparent clour with rgb(255,0,255) which makes a pink. however msn displays this as tranparent. Try reshacking the system tray icons and see ;) i want to test it :P
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Eljay on 07-31-2005 at 06:32 PM

quote:
quote:

yeh that's my plan. you can make a tranparent clour with rgb(255,0,255) which makes a pink. however msn displays this as tranparent. Try reshacking the system tray icons and see ;) i want to test it :P

no you dont understand :P lol

the magic pink is only in bitmaps (i think), pngs support transparency anyway so you dont need the pink stuff, you just export as 32 bit png

the problem lies in msn having a giant black box behind the entire GUI (that IS NOT editable), so even if you do make some pngs transparent, whats behind will ALWAYS appear black
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by Shezi on 07-31-2005 at 06:32 PM

quote:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=504612]
offtopic:
how he have the stattus chooser on the right of the chat window...
RE: Skin Idea - Mock Screenshots too:P by absorbation on 07-31-2005 at 06:33 PM

quote:
the problem lies in msn having a giant black box behind the entire GUI (that IS NOT editable), so even if you do make some pngs transparent, whats behind will ALWAYS appear black

i know :( i wish there was a tranparent clour

edit: it's called jbox :P

i could give the sorce for it's it's easy to add ;)