Shoutbox

Sign in toast problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Sign in toast problem (/showthread.php?tid=48315)

Sign in toast problem by Reaper on 07-31-2005 at 07:21 PM

ermm, well when someone signs in on messenger is usually displays the toast with their name and display pic, but when certain people (like 3 or 4 different people) sign on my list they have 2 toasts display, one with a d/p and one without. also because i have show a notification when someone signs offline enabled in Plus! it shows them sign off but are online on my list
im like wtf?!

help!

RE: Sign in toast problem by qgroessl on 07-31-2005 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
also because i have show a notification when someone signs offline enabled in Plus! it shows them sign off but are online on my list
im like wtf?!

I have that same problem... but it says they sign on like right away after... I wasn't sure if they were going to appear offline quick and signing in or if it was my messenger though.
RE: Sign in toast problem by Reaper on 07-31-2005 at 07:49 PM

hmm, but is it a problem with Plus! or the messenger itself :S

RE: Sign in toast problem by RaceProUK on 07-31-2005 at 08:20 PM

If you get a sign-out notification but the user is still online, do you also get a sign-in notification? If so, then everything's normal - they just went off and on really quickly (like if they're using Hopper).

RE: Sign in toast problem by Reaper on 07-31-2005 at 08:23 PM

ill try to explain it in more detail :P
the user will sign in the first time, this will display 2 toasts one with a d/p and one without, then the offline toast displays then a sign in toast displays without a d/p
so 3 sign ins and 1 sign out :S
they might signin in and out quickly but like 3 or 4 people cant decide to do that when they sign....or can they?! :O

RE: Sign in toast problem by brian on 07-31-2005 at 11:20 PM

That occurs to me sometimes, it's MSN Messenger.