Shoutbox

Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! (/showthread.php?tid=48322)

Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Dane on 07-31-2005 at 08:37 PM

Please Note: I'm not responsible if this "Tweak" somehow damages your computer.

Well, in this little tutorial I will show you how to tweak your Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 to display in longhorn style.

Step 1: Download "Resource Hacker" and Unzip it

Step 2: Open Resource Hacker, Navigate to "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" and enter "ieframe.dll"

Step 3: Expand the "UIFILE" menu and then expand the "20481" menu and then click on "1033"

Step 4:
Find the following code towards the top:

code:
        bordercolor                     = "themeable(buttonhighlight,buttonface)"
        borderthickness                 = "rect(0,0,0,1)"
        sheet                           = "styleXP"
        >

Replace it with:
code:
        bordercolor                     = "themeable(buttonhighlight,buttonface)"
        borderthickness                 = "rect(0,0,0,1)"
        sheet                           = "styleLH"
        >

Step 5: Click "Compile Script" and then go to "File" and select "Save".  Restart IE7 and Enjoy!
Important: Be sure all Internet Explorer 7 Windows are closed and any programs that use IE7 are closed as well (such as "Download Accelerator")

Alternative Instructions: Unavailable at this time. If you'd like to mirror a copy of your resource hacked file, let me know by PM.

Screenshot:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=504708]

Dane
RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by M73A on 07-31-2005 at 08:38 PM

screenshots?

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by albert on 07-31-2005 at 08:41 PM

Bah..vistas IE7 them aint so amazing anyways..
so instead of risking anything id suggest to stick with the original version..

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Hank on 08-01-2005 at 12:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
Bah..vistas IE7 them aint so amazing anyways
it aint , agree there, ,
RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Sasuke on 08-01-2005 at 01:11 AM

Vista sucks! take it from a guy who downlaoded it and formated his hard drive becuz it sucked. You cant even run an antivirus check cuz the anti virus wont install properly. Id stick withthe longhorn transformation pack.. not only does it look way better than vista.. its more stable. Im looking forward to the next beta release.. cuz beta 1 just sucks! thats probly why it got leaked the day it came out...

most of the software you can get off the internet dont work with vista...
what good is an operating system if it wont operate a program.
Comparing Windows XP codename Whistler to Windows Vista Codename Longhorn Beta 1... windows XP was actualy a functuanal Beta

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Ahmad on 08-01-2005 at 01:22 AM

I can't see any difference between your screenshot and my original IE7 window except for the X button.

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by surfichris on 08-01-2005 at 01:50 AM

Credit should be given where credit is due. Credit to Neowin forums.

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by albert on 08-01-2005 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sasuke
Vista sucks! take it from a guy who downlaoded it and formated his hard drive becuz it sucked. You cant even run an antivirus check cuz the anti virus wont install properly. Id stick withthe longhorn transformation pack.. not only does it look way better than vista.. its more stable. Im looking forward to the next beta release.. cuz beta 1 just sucks! thats probly why it got leaked the day it came out...

most of the software you can get off the internet dont work with vista...
what good is an operating system if it wont operate a program.
Comparing Windows XP codename Whistler to Windows Vista Codename Longhorn Beta 1... windows XP was actualy a functuanal Beta

What does this have to do with this thread, you're getting off topic, please stick to the thread's content.

quote:
Originally posted by Sasuke
why? this is a forum... forums are there for opinions... Whats the point of a forum if you cant make an opinion.

Read above..

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
I can't see any difference between your screenshot and my original IE7 window except for the X button.

Personally, I don't think there is, and I don't belive it's worth "tweaking" for that. I gotta admit that IE7 has impressed me by its speed and stability ( considering it's a beta! ) but it's whole design isn't so special IMHO.
RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Chris4 on 08-01-2005 at 04:26 AM

Well, according to my computer, theres no such file as C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll :S or anywhere else on my computer (and thats with show hidden folders and files ON)

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by trini on 08-01-2005 at 07:34 AM

I am more interested how to put that upper bar down on the same row where the File, Edit etc. are :o)
[Image: panel6yl.png]

RE: Tweak IE7 to Vista Theme! by Hank on 08-01-2005 at 09:54 AM

i like that  better.. , dont like Tabz above location bar