Shoutbox

IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN (/showthread.php?tid=48334)

IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Riviera on 08-01-2005 at 02:41 AM

Hey yea im newbie to these forums.
i signed up because i would like to ask about a plug-in that sumone may be able to make ok the idea is...

when u play a game sumtimes you forget to set ur status to busy or away on msn, unless u hav to that auto away thing/busy

right what i would like to know is if u can make a plug-in so that when u double click ur .exe to run ur game well the plug-in picks up which game ur playin and take the name of the game and puts it in ur status and automatically makes u 'away' or 'busy'

any able to do so???

thanks

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by qgroessl on 08-01-2005 at 02:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Riviera
Hey yea im newbie to these forums.
i signed up because i would like to ask about a plug-in that sumone may be able to make ok the idea is...

when u play a game sumtimes you forget to set ur status to busy or away on msn, unless u hav to that auto away thing/busy

right what i would like to know is if u can make a plug-in so that when u double click ur .exe to run ur game well the plug-in picks up which game ur playin and take the name of the game and puts it in ur status and automatically makes u 'away' or 'busy'

any able to do so???

thanks

So pretty much an automatic personized status... I somebody could probably make this... but it would be kinda useless... Just check that it makes your status busy when running full-screen programs.

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Riviera on 08-01-2005 at 02:52 AM

yea it doesbut i wanted it to like show the name of the game im playing

without having to type it in, so it puts the name up automatically like when u listen to music but a game....?

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Lou on 08-01-2005 at 02:56 AM

this is probbaly possible but would be probbaly hard...but I dunno Im no programmer...see what the others think

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by L. Coyote on 08-01-2005 at 03:00 AM

Ummm.... I'm thinking you could make a Quick Text command...

Command name:
/gamename

Command text:
/run C:/path/to/game.exe
#5#/nbusy Game Name

More info on commands.

Edit: learn more of MsgPlus! by reading the tutorials.

Quick Texts, other help topics...

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Riviera on 08-01-2005 at 03:06 AM

where do i put that text but?

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by brian on 08-01-2005 at 03:13 AM

You set the text where Regexp wrote 'game name'.

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Riviera on 08-01-2005 at 03:18 AM

yeah but wont that only for for `1 game..... i will hav to do it all over again for another game cant i set it to pick up the name of the game automatically cause if i enter say

'max payne' in its gunna say 'max payne' if i go to play warcraft3 ...

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by L. Coyote on 08-01-2005 at 03:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Riviera
yeah but wont that only for for `1 game..... i will hav to do it all over again for another game cant i set it to pick up the name of the game automatically cause if i enter say

'max payne' in its gunna say 'max payne' if i go to play warcraft3 ...
Make a Quick Text for each game?
RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by ShawnZ on 08-01-2005 at 03:20 AM

err

he meant create different quicktexts with those

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Riviera on 08-01-2005 at 03:34 AM

i dont understand will it automatically go into my status when i play the game.

do u hav to set it so when my status goes into busy it puts up that quicktext and shows it in the status plz show directions?

thanks

p.s dont get annoid

RE: IDEA FOR GAME PLUG-IN by Lt.Col.DraGon on 08-03-2005 at 07:13 PM

There is already a plug-in for MSN messenger that when you run a game, it automaticly changes ur personal message to the game you are playing. For example if i want to play counter strike, when i run the game, my PM is changed to Counter Strike.. However this plug-in needs xfire to be running. IF you don't know what is xfire, it is a gaming messenger program...

More info on th eprogram: http://www.xfire.com

Xfire Plugin 1.1 ---> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=43594&page=1