Shoutbox

modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in (/showthread.php?tid=48335)

modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by canadianbacon11 on 08-01-2005 at 02:52 AM

I don't know much about programming, but I really like the "what i'm listening to" feature on msn 7.  The only downfall is that I REALLY hate windows media player.  I use iTunes (mostly because of my iPod, but its still a good program for music).

So what I'm asking is, would it be possible to create a plug-in that modifies that feature to support other media players (e.g., iTunes, WinAmp, MusicMatch, or even LimeWire, Shareaza, and other P2P media players)?  Now, I'm not saying it needs to support every little media player, but the most popular ones would be nice (including iTunes ;) ).

Is this possible? I have no programming background or anything, so I wouldn't know the first place to start, but this would be a cool plug-in for msg plus.

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by qgroessl on 08-01-2005 at 02:56 AM

If you look around there's a bunch of WinAmp ones... I'm not sure about I-tunes, but I'm sure if there isn't one for I-tunes somebody would be glad to make it for you.... (not me, as I'm also not a programmer)

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by ~Vallery~ on 08-01-2005 at 06:21 AM

Here is very good plug-in...i use it, and i`m happy with it:)

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144872

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by canadianbacon11 on 08-08-2005 at 06:53 AM

yeh but I'm using iTunes...  If anyone (a developer/programmer) would be so kind to modify that winamp one or create an iTunes one, that would be truly awesome.  I would call you "The King among Men".  I'll put it in all my sigs, I swear!!

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by RaceProUK on 08-08-2005 at 10:42 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42980
;)

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by canadianbacon11 on 08-09-2005 at 07:40 AM

oh man do i feel like an idiot :(

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by Keef05 on 08-11-2005 at 08:48 AM

Attached is a program to use "What I'm listening to" with Winamp. I made it today in VB6. It uses as little resources as I could possible meaning that it only will update the "What I'm listening to" feature when songs change, this could make some problems though.

The program sits silently in the systray. This program is a BETA and I will clean up the code and make the GUI better later.

You may need MSINET.ocx, google it.

I have also made a program to display the time and weather but this is only a personal program.

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by Keef05 on 08-11-2005 at 08:51 AM

By the way it is not a Messenger Plus Plugin

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by lunrob3 on 08-23-2008 at 12:29 PM

I just can't understand why Messenger Plus! doesn't have this function allready. This means that if you want to be able to show what you´re playing in winamp, you'll have to unistall Plus! and install any of all these plugins...(N)

RE: modified "what I'm Listening to" plug-in by Jesus on 08-23-2008 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lunrob3
This means that if you want to be able to show what you´re playing in winamp, you'll have to unistall Plus! and install any of all these plugins...(N)
uhm, no you don't...
I have Messenger Plus! Live installed and can show what I'm playing on Winamp.