Shoutbox

[Solved] Can't Add a contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [Solved] Can't Add a contact (/showthread.php?tid=48368)

[Solved] Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-01-2005 at 08:12 PM

HEy i'm facing a trouble, i can't add anyone to my list it always says ur list is fulll, even though i have deleted 10 accouts and i have enough space available for 30 new accounts.

thanks in advance

RE: Can't Add a contact by Joa on 08-01-2005 at 08:38 PM

go here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=47...d=495281#pid495281

and see if Regexp directions help you :)

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-01-2005 at 09:10 PM

there is nothing usefull over there!!

RE: Can't Add a contact by Joa on 08-01-2005 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
there is nothing usefull over there!!

:-/ yes there is:

try adding contacts using web messenger IF you still can't, than you have a problem with your account. and need to contact msn support

IF IT DOES WORK, than unintall msn, clear your temporary internet files, re-install msn and try again.
RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-01-2005 at 09:23 PM

no i tried in a different PC with different internet connection, and different version of msn. still nothing, and msn support aren't answering my iquiry

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-03-2005 at 12:17 PM

zaher1988 i have the same trouble. MSN SUPPORT answered you?? I can't add with WEB MESSENGER. Maybe there is some plugin or software to sort this.
THANK YOU!

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-03-2005 at 12:46 PM

no i have contacted them 2 times, still no reply from them, and didn't get what u mean by a plugin to sort this,.

if u mean a program to to change the setting on msn server i really doubt.

i still insiste on only one way , to Contact Msn, because it's their servers that have troubles and we can do nothing from here.

:)

RE: Can't Add a contact by hmaster on 08-03-2005 at 12:48 PM

try http://msn2go.com , it always adds contact for me ;)

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-03-2005 at 02:04 PM

No we need a solution for msn not a rollover

RE: Can't Add a contact by hmaster on 08-03-2005 at 02:53 PM

erm use the msgplus clean up contact list, take as many old/unused contacts out.
Save your contact list.
Delete your whole contaclist
Import your contactlist saved file
Try to add people

RE: Can't Add a contact by Ezra on 08-03-2005 at 03:54 PM

Use NoRooms contactlist cleaner and clean up the Allow List.

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-03-2005 at 04:13 PM

I try everything but nothing work. Now i know the solution, but i dont have time to write, i have to go. I thing in 5 hours i will be at home again. See you!

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-09-2005 at 10:48 AM

Well years of sending my iquiry :P msn messenger support replied with unusefull steps.

When you accept a request to add a person to your contacts list in MSN Messenger, you receive the following error message:

"Sorry, contact display name could not be added. Your contact list is full. Please delete a contact from your list and then try again."

The following condition may apply:

-You have 300 contacts on your MSN Messenger contacts list. The maximum number of contacts that you can have on your contacts list is 300.

Try the following solutions in the order that they are listed:

Delete a contact from the contacts list, so that you can add another contact.

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. Right-click the contact who you want to delete, and then "click Delete Contact."
3. Click "Yes."
4. When you receive the request to add a person to your contacts list, clear the "Add this person to my contact list" check box.
5. The person will not appear on your contacts list, but she will appear on your "My Allow List" in MSN Messenger. People who are on your "My Allow List" can initiate a conversation with you even if they are not on your contacts list. You can also initiate a conversation with a contact that is on your "My Allow List" by using the contact's e-mail address.

To start a conversation with a person who is on your "My Allow List" but is not on your contacts list:

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. On the "Actions" menu, click "Send an Instant Message."
3. Click "Other," and then type the e-mail address of the person to whom you want to send an instant message.

To view the contacts on your My Allow List:

1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. On the "Tools" menu, click "Options," and then click the "Privacy" tab.
3. View the contacts on your "My Allow List."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the seconde message also was unusefull:

There are limits on the number of contacts that you can have in the various contact lists that are associated with MSN Messenger. If you use a Microsoft domain e-mail address to sign in to MSN Messenger, MSN Messenger and Hotmail share an address book. The Microsoft domain e-mail addresses are the following:

- @hotmail.com
- @msn.com
- @webtv.net
- MSN Personal Domain address

The following information contains the names, descriptions, and the limit on the number of contacts for each list:

List: "MSN Messenger Contacts"
Description: The e-mail addresses of your contacts.
Limit: 300

List: "Hotmail and Messenger Contacts"
Description: All the contacts in your Hotmail and MSN Messenger address books.
Limit: 1000

List: "Allow"
Description: Contacts who are permitted to view your online status and send you instant messages.
Limit: 1200

List: "Block"
Description: Contacts who are not permitted to view your online status or send you instant messages.

List: "Reverse"
Description: Microsoft Passport Network customers who are interested in viewing your online status. They may or may not have permission to view your online status.

List: "Pending"
Description: Passport Network customers who want to view your online status, but you have not yet granted them permission.
Limit: 40

List: "Groups"
Description: Customer defined groups. The default groups are Online, Offline, and Mobile.
Limit: 100
List: "Contacts in a group"
Description: The number of individual contacts in a group.
Limit: 150

as always i tell them i have space, for more than 30 contact, and still they tell me delete some contact, what answer do they give us, dont they read our inquiry.

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-09-2005 at 02:16 PM

Zaher, tellme your email and i will send you an html file with the solution for this problem.

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-09-2005 at 06:03 PM

mircarro?? btw why u need my email !! is it what's in my mind !

Edited: Anyway send it. i wanna see it, no need for the email i think. send it anyway.

RE: Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by micarro

Zaher, tellme your email and i will send you an html file with the solution for this problem.

I can see consern, please note that this forum has a PM system and you can add attachments, and for that matter, why not just copy the contents, is there really a need for his email, it is slightly rude, why not make it public for all.
RE: RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-09-2005 at 08:08 PM

quote:
I can see consern, please note that this forum has a PM system and you can add attachments, and for that matter, why not just copy the contents, is there really a need for his email, it is slightly rude, why not make it public for all.

Because my explication has images (PRTSCR), its very hard to me explain with words, y ademas, pq me sale de los cojones joder!. And "PM MSG" has no attachment at least I can't see where is it.
Zaher, just creat a new acount at yahoo or hotmail and i will send you the file. Sorry, but i'm not interesting meeting you by msn or e-mail...
RE: Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-10-2005 at 07:54 AM

quote:

Because my explication has images (PRTSCR), its very hard to me explain with words, y ademas, pq me sale de los cojones joder!. And "PM MSG" has no attachment at least I can't see where is it.
Zaher, just creat a new acount at yahoo or hotmail and i will send you the file. Sorry, but i'm not interesting meeting you by msn or e-mail...

Well, HTML files as you say it is dosen't have embedded images, they are all external (as in, outside the HTML file). ;)
RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-10-2005 at 08:44 AM

Please micaro just put the file here, and we will all see it

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-10-2005 at 09:04 AM

I CAN'T PUT FILE HERE!!! THERE IS NO ATTACH SERVICE!! AND I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A GEOCITIES ACCOUNT TO UPLOAD THE FILES!! If you want it just create an e-mail account and i will send you the files

RE: Can't Add a contact by -dt- on 08-10-2005 at 02:54 PM

quote:
I CAN'T PUT FILE HERE!!! THERE IS NO ATTACH SERVICE!! AND I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A GEOCITIES ACCOUNT TO UPLOAD THE FILES!! If you want it just create an e-mail account and i will send you the files
:-/ wtf you can upload files here and attach them to your post
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/newreply.php?tid=48368
^^ omg a file uploader in the new post omg i never would of thought a forum would have that.
RE: Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-10-2005 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
wtf you can upload files here and attach them to your post
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/newreply.php?tid=48368
^^ omg a file uploader in the new post omg i never would of thought a forum would have that.

Haha, Its interesting how a new user asks for email and won't even explain fully what they are sending, and start shouting in CAPITALS when he won't give it to them, breaking the rules in the process.
RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-10-2005 at 04:01 PM

MR. Micarro Create a new thread or click on Post reply in the bottom of this page, then make your post and scrolll a little down so fast, till u find there in  bottom, read somewhere over there!! in black font with a longgggg white box next to it there is a little button called browse, over there u can make your attachment :) so attach the file and let us all see it.

Thanks in advance

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-10-2005 at 04:27 PM

There are 4 files: one html and three jpg. JUST CREATE A MAIL AND I WILL SEND YOU! And then you will tell me "i'm sorry because i didn't trust you. But now i see you are a good person".

kipper2258 maybe i am a new user, but i know the solution and you dont know it.

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-10-2005 at 05:12 PM

Ok micarro, you can use Winrar or Winzip sure there is no pc without one of those programs, and also they are easy to be downloaded.

Sec thing, i think you can add a different attachement each time you edit you post not sure of it !

so try ur best to use winrar or winzip

Edited :Also it seems you're not that good in html things, there is no need for the photos, so just upload the html, and why actually we need the photos?? we can still read it and use it.

RE: Can't Add a contact by ShawnZ on 08-10-2005 at 05:18 PM

Wtf?

Uh, unless the html file had some sort of script or something, it can't do anything to your computer... and why the hell do you need a jpeg?

zaher, I wouldn't trust it.

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-10-2005 at 05:20 PM

Sure ShawnZ, it's not trustable, just the moment he asked for my email i had doubt:). there is a trick behind that!.

RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-10-2005 at 08:31 PM

You do not deserve this. Do you trust in zip file but not trust in a e-mail? Please, tell everybody that my solution is correct and i am a good person. THANK YOU!

RE: Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-11-2005 at 09:48 AM

quote:
There are 4 files: one html and three jpg. JUST CREATE A MAIL AND I WILL SEND YOU! And then you will tell me "i'm sorry because i didn't trust you. But now i see you are a good person".

kipper2258 maybe i am a new user, but i know the solution and you dont know it.

There is no need to be rude - I was explaining to you how to follow the standard procedure of sharing files. A new user asking for peoples emails and breaking the rules by writing in capitals doesn't send out a good message.
RE: Can't Add a contact by micarro on 08-11-2005 at 09:53 AM

I wasn't breaking the rules because I was shouting.
Zaher, did it help you??

RE: Can't Add a contact by multimillion2k on 08-11-2005 at 10:21 AM

zaher, micarro:
I've extracted your archive here so it can be viewed.

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-11-2005 at 10:53 AM

but if u add a contact this way like miccaro did will this add it also to msn messenger list ?

RE: Can't Add a contact by multimillion2k on 08-11-2005 at 10:56 AM

I have no idea. I couldn't figure out what the instructions were supposed to do.

RE: Can't Add a contact by L. Coyote on 08-11-2005 at 10:58 AM

quote:
but if u add a contact this way like miccaro did will this add it also to msn messenger list ?
Yes, very possible. Actually, if you choose to. I can't remember the option, I don't use MSNM/Hotmail so much.

This has been on for some time: MSN/Hotmail accounts have their contact lists linked with MSN Messenger contact lists. (this is related to a "bug" I've posted when I first joined the forums :p)

Edit: That is why micarro is telling you to delete from your Hotmail list.
RE: Can't Add a contact by trini on 08-11-2005 at 11:06 AM

Could just simply say that deleted contacts must be removed from hotmail account too 8-)

RE: Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-11-2005 at 11:06 AM

Ok guys there is a little box bellow "msn address" called

Use with MSN Messenger
Contacts with a Microsoft Passport e-mail address can also be used as an MSN Messenger contact.

you should check this in order to add it to your msn list

Edited: do this just one time, later you will be able to add from msn messenger normally :).
regards

RE: [Solved] Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-11-2005 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
Could just simply say that deleted contacts must be removed from hotmail account too 8-)

I think she said she dosen't speak very good english, so it was abit of a struggle.

Edit: But it all makes sence to me. What you need to do is navigate to your contact list on hotmail and remove some contacts from there = the idea being that when you add a MSN Contact it adds it to there also, but the error is that the list on hotmail is full. Deleate some of your email contacts you no-longer requite and try again.
RE: [Solved] Can't Add a contact by zaher1988 on 08-11-2005 at 11:52 AM

Let no not that Kipper2258 cause here my friend's case, she didn't delete any contact, she already had free space when she was facing this problem. so she just navigated to the address book in hotmail add an email, clicked on use with msn messenger, and she added it, so at the same time she added it to msn messenger list, automaticly i mean, then after she added this on she was able to use the add contact from msn messenger normally,
so what i'm thinking of is maybe it like a pending error in her contact so once u add the contact this thing will be gone and again u will get access to the add contact normaly

RE: [Solved] Can't Add a contact by kipper2258 on 08-11-2005 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Let no not that Kipper2258 cause here my friend's case, she didn't delete any contact, she already had free space when she was facing this problem. so she just navigated to the address book in hotmail add an email, clicked on use with msn messenger, and she added it, so at the same time she added it to msn messenger list, automaticly i mean, then after she added this on she was able to use the add contact from msn messenger normally,
so what i'm thinking of is maybe it like a pending error in her contact so once u add the contact this thing will be gone and again u will get access to the add contact normaly

Whatever, I was acting on the line:
quote:
At this new page just purge all your "friends" you want
in the text.

def Purge: The process of eliminating duplicates and/or unwanted names and addresses from one or more lists.