Shoutbox

Spyware Hole? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Spyware Hole? (/showthread.php?tid=48370)

Spyware Hole? by Shippo on 08-01-2005 at 08:46 PM

A friend of a friend said that MsgPlus is a spyware loophole... Is this even true at all? Because, even so, I'm still going to use Plus because I love all of the features it comes with. But, I am a tad concerned for the spyware hole... I haven't gotten any spyware from Plus at all in my years of using it..

RE: Spyware Hole? by absorbation on 08-01-2005 at 08:49 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=48356

that thread should explain :rolleyes:

RE: Spyware Hole? by Shippo on 08-01-2005 at 08:51 PM

It has nothing to do with the sponsor program at all. He said that the main program is just one big spyware loophole...

RE: Spyware Hole? by Tochjo on 08-01-2005 at 08:53 PM

That's very much untrue :)

RE: Spyware Hole? by absorbation on 08-01-2005 at 08:55 PM

Yes it is, infact it is a very sercure program, patchou has closed all serciuty holes before any release of messenger plus!

RE: Spyware Hole? by Shippo on 08-01-2005 at 08:56 PM

That's what I was telling my friend.. if the program was full of Spyware, Patchou would of never released Plus in the first place.. so, I still don't understand why someone would say so anyway..... oh well......

RE: Spyware Hole? by user27089 on 08-01-2005 at 10:01 PM

The program would never be a spyware bundler or would it allow to install spyware, it is a common misconception, the Messenger Plus! installer only has Adware bundled, and that is the sponsor program.

As for when it is installed on your system, there is no security holes and I don't think there ever has been, Messenger Plus! has a large group of beta testers that search and test each version before they're released publically, so a security hole would be virtually never there.