Shoutbox

Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically (/showthread.php?tid=48398)

Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically by kierant on 08-02-2005 at 03:47 PM

I have the latest versions of Messenger and Plus!.

In the contact list the display pictures of my contacts do not load, it just displays the MSN green man thing. The only way I can get the DP to load is to either open the conversation window with someone, or to open their contact card and wait 20 secs or so. Both methods only load the DP for the specific contact and not all of them.

Is there a reason they don't automatically load? What's the point of the feature if it doesn't work.

Thanks

RE: Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically by YottabyteWizard on 08-02-2005 at 04:41 PM

Firewall?

RE: Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically by kierant on 08-02-2005 at 05:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Disabling my firewall makes the DPs load faster when using the two methods mentioned (say 5 seconds instead of 20) so I guess that had something to do with it.

However, they still do not load automatically.

RE: Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically by ShawnZ on 08-02-2005 at 05:16 PM

They aren't suppose to automatically load.

RE: Contacts' Display Pics Not Loading Automatically by kierant on 08-02-2005 at 05:18 PM

Well surely that's the whole point of the feature??