Shoutbox

Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. (/showthread.php?tid=48427)

Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by toddiot on 08-03-2005 at 02:58 AM

Check it out @ Google News

I almost saw it live, too. Appearently no-one died, but 24 were injured. The plane exploded after everyone got out! It happened around 4PM, people think it happened due to severe thunderstorms... (see link for more...)

Just thought I'd tell you. Considering I live pretty close to Toronto, it's pretty big news (think non-stop news "specials" droning on and on about the same things)!

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Lou on 08-03-2005 at 02:59 AM

my friends baby sitter was supposed to be on that flgiht but missed it:|

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by [MR] on 08-03-2005 at 03:12 AM

wow thats lucky

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by ShawnZ on 08-03-2005 at 03:20 AM

Was watching CP24, they got in touch with an employee and its an Airbus A340 from AirFrance. AFAIK they could not break as witnesses said the plain just kept going right after the runway ended

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Lou on 08-03-2005 at 03:51 AM

someone blew something in the breaks:|

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by albert on 08-03-2005 at 03:58 AM

thank God there was no dead!

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Fourjays on 08-03-2005 at 11:41 AM

I read that a possible reason why it ran off, was "aquaplaning", a common occurance in motorsport. Basically the tyre treads get filled with trapped water, and effectively make the tyre slick, meaning it has no grip (I think thats right). They are saying that because the plane was landing in very heavy rain, it aquaplaned.

Doesn't explain why it exploded though. :| Some guy said he saw lightning before the lights went out though.

Good Job everyone survived. (Y)

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by multimillion2k on 08-03-2005 at 11:46 AM

I think many people converted to Christianity after that flight.

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by shine on 08-03-2005 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays

Doesn't explain why it exploded though. :|

When there is a plane crash, theres bound to be a aviation fuel leak and short circuit...
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by prashker on 08-03-2005 at 11:49 PM

I was on newgrounds and someone created a flash to 'remember those who were lost' about this plane...

He got rated zero...

one review is like this

Hey fu** face noone died in that so dont make a fu***ign flash about those who were lost...

:D

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by toddiot on 08-04-2005 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fourjays

Good Job everyone survived. (Y)

Considering what could have happened, it's pretty amazing no one died or got seriously hurt.

Anyway, I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to stay away from airplanes (at least when it's raining) for a while...

ME? Paranoid?! :P
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Sasuke on 08-04-2005 at 02:32 AM

my aploud to the pilot... the world doesnt have enough skilled pilots to prevent anyone from dieing so... If i could, id give him/her a standing ovation.

and theres no way lightning could of done that crash. No way! thats like a 1 in a 100,000,000,000 chances.

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by albert on 08-04-2005 at 02:43 AM

All planes evacuations are customed to take a maximum of 90 SECONDS, this would explain why everyone was able to survive, I think you also have to congradulate the passengers for following instructions well (Y)

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Guido on 08-04-2005 at 04:29 AM

Something similar happened here some years ago... although it was when taking off, and unfortunately there were several deaths... what happened was... the plane accelerated, but never took off. It passed the runway and crossed a car highway JUST as the traffic lights were in red. Could be quite worse. Ended in a golf course across the street.

http://www.airdisaster.com/photos/lapa3142/photo.shtml

http://www.accidentreconstruction.com/news/sep99/090199c.html

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by toddiot on 08-06-2005 at 02:16 AM

I just passed by the airport today. The plane is pretty badly damaged (litarally "burnt"). You can see it form the highway -- quite a sight to see with all the police investigating and stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
All planes evacuations are customed to take a maximum of 90 SECONDS

It only took them 53 seconds.

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over the edge of runway by Lou on 08-06-2005 at 02:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddiot
It only took them 53 seconds.

wow

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by NiteMare on 08-06-2005 at 03:31 AM

i flew right over it to day on my trip back from moncton, no delays, but they said, its looking like it was not a lighting strike, they checked the wings, the wing tips, tand tail, (all still left in pretty good condition) and there was no evitence of a exit apature, for the lightning, its common for it wo exit in those area, but investigators are not rule the possability out,

currently the "Black Boxes" ave been sent to france, downloaded the logs, and should be back to toronto investagators shortly, currently the strongest THEORY is hydro-planing(a.k.a. aquaplaning)

>>>

common reasons why the plane may have exploded was the pilots probualy realised that they were not stoping in tim, and throttled UP to attemt to take off again, thust putting the engines at full power when it crashed

and there is the fact that the plane carry a LOT of fuel, even it if was close to empty, gas tanks are MORE dangerous when close to empty then full

<<<<

although the imfo in the >>>   <<< is my own opinion, the rest is factual i have gotten off the radio

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by Lou on 08-06-2005 at 03:40 AM

your opinion makes sense tho!

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by NiteMare on 08-06-2005 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
your opinion makes sense tho!

thanks man, its kinda scary thinking that i took of from that RUNWAY just the day before
RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by Lou on 08-06-2005 at 03:44 AM

definately scary...

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by super-schaf on 08-06-2005 at 04:34 PM

once i was traveling on a bus to the plane in zurich from terminal 3 (a town in switzerland) and a airfrance plane reversed and missed the bus by 0.9m (the pilot was probebly french) ;-)

RE: Airplane landing in Pearson airport in Toronto, Canada goes over edge of runway. by TylerG on 08-06-2005 at 08:40 PM

Those people are lucky to be alive:shocked: