Shoutbox

How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... (/showthread.php?tid=48498)

How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... by daze on 08-04-2005 at 09:16 PM

ok when i use the color in the display name...i cant make my name as long as i could b4....b/c the codes go into the display thing...but then i c ppl on my list n there names r styll long and they have diff colors...buh they wont tell me lol...so if u kno how can i change that tell me plz

RE: How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... by lopardo on 08-04-2005 at 09:47 PM

Hi there. IIRC, the max. length for a display name is 129 characters (including formatting characters).

RE: How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... by multimillion2k on 08-04-2005 at 10:07 PM

Perhaps they use less colour changes than you. If they only change colors 5 times  they can still have a nickname over 100 characters.
You may only use 2 colors, but if you change it every character you may only be able to get 25-30 characters.

RE: How To Make My msn name longer b/c of the color dp names... by Dempsey on 08-04-2005 at 10:22 PM

also if you use the predefined colours rather than the hex colour codes, that saves you 4 or 5 characters per colour change