Shoutbox

Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) (/showthread.php?tid=48509)

Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 08-05-2005 at 03:26 AM

In just a couple of days (August 11th), I will be leaving for Navy basic training for two months or so. During this time, and even for a short period of time after that, I will have no internet access, and very little contact with the "outside" world. I honestly can not give a date for when I will be back, but hopefully within a time frame of 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 months. Considering the decisions I make in the next few year will affect the rest of my life, I plan on spending a considerable amount of time on my studies, and therefore am not sure that I will be very active once I return from training. I'll do my best to drop by as much as possible though and I will still be able to run IRC as well as continuing my work with EckoHost and helping Patchou with the servers if he needs, and of course, beta testing.

It has been wonderful being part of this community over the past few years. Thought I'm not posting on the forums very often anymore, I am very active on IRC. If you have never been on IRC, I urge you to check it out, it's a wonderful place to chat real-time with other members of the Messenger Plus! Community. Patchou even drops by at times!

As far as IRC goes, I have left several capable and responsible people in charge of it's operation while I am gone. As far as the server goes, TReKiE and wtbw are in charge of the main stuff, keeping things running smoothly. If you are need of assistance, Segosa, Wabz, Patchou and Paul are server operators. (If TReKiE or wtbw wish, they can add SurfiChris too this team as well, that is completely up to them.) As far as the #msgplus channel is concerned, CookieRevised has the final say in it's operation, however I have left Ddunk in charge of the channel as well (He is not an operator). I believe that with Ddunk's amount of activity and Cookie's good judgement, they will be a fine team. I trust each and every one of these people and know that they are all very responsible and mature individuals. I feel confident that together, these people will have no problems keeping IRC up and running to help the users in the Messenger Plus! Community.

[A copy of this portion has been posted in the IRC Thread]

Adios

Note to Mods: surfi was here - please leave this thread

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by brian on 08-05-2005 at 03:29 AM

Wish you luck. =)

BTW, just a question, can I have a BNC on the server (I have one, but I heared some servers were restricted?)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by surfichris on 08-05-2005 at 03:30 AM

:wave:

Enjoy DX. It has been fun.

<3

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Omar on 08-05-2005 at 03:31 AM

C ya man... you know i love and respect you... :)

Just remember not to drop the soap in the showers... you know those dodgy seaman... :lol: (Its an inside joke)

* Omar salutes DX!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 08-05-2005 at 03:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Wish you luck. =)

BTW, just a question, can I have a BNC on the server (I have one, but I heared some servers were restricted?)
I personally have no problems with you connecting your BNC to the IRC server, it's open to anyone, as long as they are not abusive (/motd).

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by ddunk on 08-05-2005 at 03:32 AM

Baibai

Have fun and good luck (Y)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Dane on 08-05-2005 at 03:33 AM

Bye DX, best of luck to you.  Enjoy the Non-Messenger Plus! aspect of your life :P.

RE: RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by brian on 08-05-2005 at 03:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DXtremz
quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Wish you luck. =)

I personally have no problems with you connecting your BNC to the IRC server, it's open to anyone, as long as they are not abusive (/motd).

I hope you best of the luck.

<3
RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by TReKiE on 08-05-2005 at 03:38 AM

Bye Billy, hope it's a fun adventure at least.

...... now who should I ban first ;)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by marissa on 08-05-2005 at 03:44 AM

bye dx, i love you. and i hope you know that still!
by the way...good choices on the runners of everything :wink:
ill miss you, bitch!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Omar on 08-05-2005 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TReKiE
Bye Billy, hope it's a fun adventure at least.

...... now who should I ban first ;)

not me.... :P

http://personal.omarsantos.info/TReKiE/
RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Lou on 08-05-2005 at 03:47 AM

well I didnt know you much but I sure hope that the next few months are an enjoyment.. have fun! [dont forget us!]

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DJeX on 08-05-2005 at 03:51 AM

Good luck, enjoy your self. I'll See ya later man.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by TReKiE on 08-05-2005 at 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by omfg...Omar

not me.... :P

Definitely not!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Lou on 08-05-2005 at 04:01 AM

well I might as well be friends with an op too:D hello trekie..Im lou...Ive heard alot about your greatness!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by L. Coyote on 08-05-2005 at 04:29 AM

Good luck, dude! :banana:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by doughboyy on 08-05-2005 at 04:58 AM

bye bye dx. gonna miss your weird antics

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by -dt- on 08-05-2005 at 05:10 AM

cya man hope you have fun and stuff :P

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by ShawnZ on 08-05-2005 at 05:20 AM

* ShawnZ hears patriotic music playing in the background

ITS NOT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY, ITS WHAT DXTREMZ DOES FOR YOUR COUNTRY FOR YOU

jk (L) best of luck :kiss: and remember, don't drop the soap!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by wj on 08-05-2005 at 05:39 AM

If you get your self killed...

A. I claim your stuff :-P
B. I'd be happy to speak at your funeral
C. We'll all miss you
D. I'll kick your ass.

Now that thats out of the way, Good luck, Dont over-do it with basic, I know more then one person who has been medically discharged from the armed forces as a result of over-doing it at basic (3 people, 2 Army, 1 Navy who all shattered their hips durring basic). Best of luck and Try not to blow anything up (that your not supposed to blow up that is).

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by blackjack on 08-05-2005 at 06:26 AM

Bye Dx. Good luck with everything (Y)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Patchou on 08-05-2005 at 06:35 AM

Good luck with everything DX, take care of yourself while you're there.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Eljay on 08-05-2005 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
D. I'll kick your ass.

wj can only manage to kick the ass of someone whos dead =P

and yeh i dont really know you either but good luck (Y)
RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Purity on 08-05-2005 at 07:08 AM

Have fun! :cheesy:

:wave:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Anubis on 08-05-2005 at 07:59 AM

Good luck DX! Hope your basic training goes well!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by user27089 on 08-05-2005 at 08:00 AM

I will see you later dude, have a good 3 months ;).

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by user35870 on 08-05-2005 at 08:33 AM

Good luck with everything (Y) cee ya.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Tandy on 08-05-2005 at 09:10 AM

Have a great time DX, look forward to talking to you soon

Tandy

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by emit on 08-05-2005 at 10:17 AM

I know we didn't always get on and we argued a lot, but I would still hate to hear you'd been killed, so train well and I hope it suits you as much as you think it will. Take care DX.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Sunshine on 08-05-2005 at 10:49 AM

Bye bye DeXy :'(

Good luck, stay safe and don't forget to write ;)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Tasha on 08-05-2005 at 11:01 AM

Bye Dx, good luck, stay safe, and don't forget to have a little fun now and then. ;)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Hookey on 08-05-2005 at 11:02 AM

Hope u have a good time out there.... weellllll miss u :(

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Concord Dawn on 08-05-2005 at 12:59 PM

Good luck! Hope you have....erm.....fun I guess. It's the Navy though. Anyways, like I said, good luck!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Menthix on 08-05-2005 at 03:32 PM

Good luck there. We'll miss you on IRC, don't forget to drop by sometimes.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Tochjo on 08-05-2005 at 03:54 PM

Good luck and take care :)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Voldemort on 08-05-2005 at 04:25 PM

good luck! i dont know you but still, good luck!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Re-Mi on 08-05-2005 at 10:03 PM

Dx Good luck there, I know you talked about this age's ago even since the first time we talked plus lite ;)

Hope you succesfully succeed the training.

GreetZ,

Simple me

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Chrono on 08-05-2005 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Just remember not to drop the soap in the showers... you know those dodgy seaman...  (Its an inside joke)
:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, good luck DX :wave:
RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by jren207 on 08-06-2005 at 12:35 AM

Good Luck! (y) :wave:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by azn angel on 08-06-2005 at 05:59 AM

byebye dx :<
ill miss laughing at you when youre drunk :P

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by L. Coyote on 08-06-2005 at 06:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Just remember not to drop the soap in the showers... you know those dodgy seaman...  (Its an inside joke)
:lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, good luck DX :wave:
:rofl: I just got the joke...
RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Underlord on 08-06-2005 at 06:20 AM

Goodbye seks :(
Have fun with you new navy buddies :P.
I'll miss you :'(.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Mippo on 08-06-2005 at 06:25 AM

Oh wow DX, it's finally going to happen!

I hope this is gonna be what you hoped for and that you'll have a good time there. Doesn't mean we're not going to miss you though :P I hope we can see you again in about 3 months! :)

Oh and:
:banana:
(It's a lucky banana)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by RebelSean on 08-06-2005 at 07:13 AM

Hope you have fun while you are away DX. Be safe mate, be safe. I wish you the best of luck bro.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Chestah on 08-06-2005 at 07:20 AM

Arh Dx, i was hoping u would reconsider and not leave, but as i see no one can change your mind.

I'm sure you've made the right decision for you and hopefully you haven't forgotten the conversations we've had in the past. Have a fun time - i'm sure you'll learn new aspects and things about yourself that you've never known before. Talk soon!

Mitch.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by huwnet on 08-06-2005 at 09:37 AM

Good Luck ;)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by SithToast on 08-07-2005 at 03:40 AM

Good luck, DX! :)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Joa on 08-07-2005 at 04:21 AM

good luck :) ...and have fun :P

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 08-08-2005 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for your support everyone. It means a lot to me. :)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Dr4g0n on 08-10-2005 at 09:13 AM

Buh Byes DX =[

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 08-11-2005 at 04:13 AM

Well um...this is it, my last post for quite a while. See ya'll, it's been great! Thanks :)

DX

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by kotjze on 08-11-2005 at 04:25 AM

Byesies DseX <3

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by seany on 08-11-2005 at 04:29 AM

bye byes (L)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Edu115 on 08-11-2005 at 05:14 AM

Good luck with everything!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Pipish on 08-11-2005 at 07:37 AM

ill miss you dx i hopw u have funy with the navy and dont miss us too much :P

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 10-17-2005 at 10:54 PM

Well. It's been 2 months or so, and I'm back now \o/. I have to use an internet cafe for now, but I'll be getting a new laptop soon (working on finding proper funding for that ;)). Seems things have gone pretty well while I was gone, glad to hear MS backed down on Plus! with that MSAS crap (Y).  Anywho, Hi.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by paperless on 10-17-2005 at 10:59 PM

Im kinda late but i still remember when oyu helped me about my comp.

I just have to wish you luck and manage to do well aorund that even if good luck and manage to do well means the same.. argh bah.

Just good luck and try to have fun. :P

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by SikStyles on 10-17-2005 at 11:02 PM

i alraday said Welcome Back and i'll say it again :P
Welcome Back!

maybe you can fill us in briefly what did you have to do over there, i would read with great interest :happy:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by DXtremz on 10-17-2005 at 11:04 PM

I'll post more about it when I get time, and a real internet connection.

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by D:Frag on 10-18-2005 at 12:14 AM

Hey D! glad you're back, missed you my friend.

I wasn't here to say bye... but I'm glad I can say hi :D

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by RebelSean on 10-18-2005 at 01:44 AM

:banana:

Welcome back DX! I'm glad you're okay and survived boot camp /o\. Can't wait to hear your stories!

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by expert on 10-18-2005 at 02:24 AM

:banana: welcome back i wonder how hard it was:^)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Hank on 10-18-2005 at 05:31 AM

Welcome Back DX , hope you had a Good time :)

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Sunshine on 10-18-2005 at 10:06 AM

:banana: DeXy :banana:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by Pr0xY on 10-18-2005 at 04:17 PM

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound.  We missed ya DX.

:spam:

RE: Bye Bye, for now. (And important IRC info) by user27089 on 10-18-2005 at 04:20 PM

That is cool, welcome back for the short time De ex.