Shoutbox

Ufo! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Ufo! (/showthread.php?tid=48527)

Ufo! by Voldemort on 08-05-2005 at 04:39 PM

the other day i saw a guy named Jaime mausan , he researchs about ufos aliens and that things, and he talked about crop circlesin uk , and ufos being seen in uk, i personally dont believe in those sort of thing^o), but i am curious to see if you ppl who have been or live in uk have seen the crop circle or ufos...

RE: Ufo! by absorbation on 08-05-2005 at 04:42 PM

:lol: they dont exist, well they do but not ones that come to visit us. there are 100 billions stats in each glaxy and 100 billion glaxies so i do belive in it. but not people in spaceships coming to draw patters :lol:

RE: Ufo! by guanako on 08-05-2005 at 04:58 PM

i seen that guy hes from mexico he has like talk shows just to talk about that
i heqard alot about those things
http://www.lucypringle.co.uk/photos/1999/uk1999ew.html
personally i never seen one but i have see hell lot of UFO videos
here are some videos thatre are some from the netherlands UK russia look at them http://www.iwasabducted.com/videos.htm

RE: Ufo! by qgroessl on 08-05-2005 at 05:07 PM

I'm from the US... But I believe in extra-terrestrial life.... and I believe that sometimes people have seen their space craft... But they aren't the ones making the crop circles! I think it'd be cool to be alive when our world finally communicates with other worlds.

RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-05-2005 at 05:25 PM

i dont really beleive in aliens but maybe lower forms of life like fusion said ...but i dont beleive in evolution.

RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-05-2005 at 05:39 PM

well i beleive in what the catholic faith teaches

RE: Ufo! by Voldemort on 08-05-2005 at 05:41 PM

i dont belive in ufos and i think crop circles are human made, i thing all that ufos have a logic explanation(by experience) , and end up being something human made..i asked to see if you have seen one

ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!
AUDI IS BEHIND ALL THIS!!!!!!

RE: Ufo! by Rik on 08-05-2005 at 05:41 PM

there have been some portuguese guy's saying that they saw them.
it came on the news paper today

RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-05-2005 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cool Rik
there have been some portuguese guy's saying that they saw them.
it came on the news paper today
the guys could of been on drugs and thought they saw it

quote:
Originally posted by ~Fusion~
ditto,
although i do see the reasoning behind the evolution theorys.

ya science always makes us think twice and it gets so confusing :S
RE: Ufo! by guanako on 08-05-2005 at 05:46 PM

do you know who Charles Darwing was? anyway i do believe in evolution its science proved

RE: RE: Ufo! by Voldemort on 08-05-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR

I Agree With You
RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-05-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
I Agree With You
good thinking

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
do you know who Charles Darwing was? anyway i do believe in evolution its science proved

i dont care believe what you want to
RE: Ufo! by Fourjays on 08-05-2005 at 06:54 PM

I believe in Darwins Theory of Evolution too, but it's down to what you believe in.

I also believe there are other lifeforms somewhere in the universe... but not constantly entering our atmosphere to make crop circles. It has been proved that helicopters are quite capable of making crop circles though. The lifeforms may be twice as advanced as we are, or they may just be organisms. We may never even meet them, so...

RE: Ufo! by emit on 08-05-2005 at 08:42 PM

I think we should make crops out of velcro so when the alien spaceships land they caught on the velcro and we can see what is causing the crop circles!!!

RE: Ufo! by RaceProUK on 08-05-2005 at 08:51 PM

Shall I make the obvious reply?

:P:P:P:P:P

RE: Ufo! by Eljay on 08-05-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I think we should make crops out of velcro so when the alien spaceships land they caught on the velcro and we can see what is causing the crop circles!!!

:rofl:

but i think chewing gum would work better, velcro only sticks to velcro and i dont think space ships come with velcro (Note: some spaceships may actually come with velcro, i am not an alien and therefore would not know, if any offence has been caused to extraterrestrial life forms by this post, then i apologise))
RE: Ufo! by Ezra on 08-05-2005 at 09:12 PM

We should make our own Plus! cropsign, and in a lot of countries at once.

That's

1. Good Publicity

2. Funny :P

RE: RE: Ufo! by Voldemort on 08-05-2005 at 09:25 PM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery[/i]
but i think chewing gum would work better, velcro only sticks to velcro and i dont think space ships come with velcro (Note: some spaceships may actually come with velcro, i am not an alien and therefore would not know, if any offence has been caused to extraterrestrial life forms by this post, then i apologise))

I am an alien, therefore i can tell you they actually come with velcro.
Please dont put chewing gum near crop circles because it will stick to our spaceship and it will make a very nasty spot.

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
RE: RE: Ufo! by blackjack on 08-05-2005 at 11:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
i dont belive in ufos and i think crop circles are human made, i thing all that ufos have a logic explanation(by experience) , and end up being something human made..i asked to see if you have seen one

ITS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!
AUDI IS BEHIND ALL THIS!!!!!!

rofl :P audi behind that stuff.. :lol:

I believe in evolution, but not in aliens.. theres life in other planets.. i think :P but not green dudes.. 8-)
RE: Ufo! by lordy on 08-06-2005 at 12:20 AM

quote:

erm... and what does the catholic faith teach? the Roman Catholic Church no longer believes in Genesis as far as I know, and i go to a Catholic school so unless they've been teaching me the wrong thing.....
RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-06-2005 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:

erm... and what does the catholic faith teach? the Roman Catholic Church no longer believes in Genesis as far as I know, and i go to a Catholic school so unless they've been teaching me the wrong thing.....
i dont know what your talking about! of course they beleive in the old and new testament...but anyways its your own way of interperting it .... but we still dont beleive in evolution and things like that.
RE: Ufo! by [MR] on 08-06-2005 at 12:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Calvin
quote:
or superglue :O
yes ...that should stick...but just in case put lighter fluid around the ufo and light it on fire...that should keep them there
RE: Ufo! by emit on 08-06-2005 at 01:05 AM

I admit the velcro idea is a long shot due to the spaceship needing the opposite velcro BUT it would be a revolution in genetic technology to make the corn itself grow AS velcro AND corn.

RE: Ufo! by linx05 on 08-06-2005 at 01:08 AM

I went up in a space ship and now my bum hurts!

My attempt at a stupid post

Seriously, I use to love these sort of things when I was younger. I do believe in them because there has to be other things than just us in the universe.

I had an argument with my uncle about UFOs the other week. I can't see how people think we are the only people in the universe. Come on, the universe is infinite. There has to be more out there!

RE: Ufo! by shine on 08-06-2005 at 01:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
We should make our own Plus! cropsign, and in a lot of countries at once.

That's

1. Good Publicity

2. Funny :P

And use plus behind bars..:grin:

May be the first plus user behind bars..or do we already have one :undecided:
RE: RE: Ufo! by Voldemort on 08-06-2005 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05
Seriously, I use to love these sort of things when I was younger. I do believe in them because there has to be other things than just us in the universe.

I had an argument with my uncle about UFOs the other week. I can't see how people think we are the only people in the universe. Come on, the universe is infinite. There has to be more out there!

Thats quite right , i believe that....
RE: Ufo! by Purity on 08-06-2005 at 05:04 AM

You'd have to be really narrow minded to think there is no other life in the universe..

RE: Ufo! by guanako on 08-06-2005 at 05:10 AM

i bet thats wat they are saying at some million of light years from here (1 light year = 9.4605284 × 1015 meters)

quote:
[Image: cyclops_dad.jpg]
nahh man we are the only ones !!!

RE: Ufo! by MC.POP on 08-06-2005 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
You'd have to be really narrow minded to think there is no other life in the universe..

rofl very true. But if there was other life form where would they live???
RE: Ufo! by FrozernFire on 08-06-2005 at 06:03 AM

other planets?

RE: Ufo! by linx05 on 08-06-2005 at 06:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
quote:
Originally posted by Purity

rofl very true. But if there was other life form where would they live???
quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
other planets?
Are you some sort of scientist FrozernFire? :P
RE: Ufo! by MC.POP on 08-06-2005 at 06:05 AM

quote:
other planets?

I dont think other planets are suitable to live on.
RE: Ufo! by ~INVASION~ on 08-06-2005 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC.POP
quote:
other planets?

I dont think other planets are suitable to live on.
not in our solar system, but the are thousands of solar systems just like ours  that could have life, i think there has to be something living, maybe not human, or creature even, but at least microbes and bacteria life have to be somewhere else.

maybe were the smartest of all universe life forms, still doesnt mean theres not life elsewhere
RE: Ufo! by emit on 08-06-2005 at 12:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake's_equation

Read, learn and love me forever more.

RE: RE: Ufo! by Veggie on 08-06-2005 at 12:18 PM

quote:

Sorry but :lol:....
do you belive in adam and eve?
do you belive in noah ark?
Why are the dinosour fossils? why are there primative mamal fossils?
RE: Ufo! by Veggie on 08-06-2005 at 01:37 PM

quote:
Come on, the universe is infinite.
No the universe is not infinate, read up on Obler's paradox.   If the universe is infinate the the sky would be infinatly bright.

RE: Ufo! by YottabyteWizard on 08-06-2005 at 02:18 PM

OK, here's the thing. As I'm from mexico too i know this guy. I do belive in UFOs, life in other planets because I think... how come we're the only ones in a huge huge infinite universe, there must be other life, maybe more advanced than us, but this guy (Jaime Mausan) see UFOs everywhere!. There's a program called Otro Rollo where he shows some 'evidence' each month, if there's life in other planet i dont think it's much that often.

EDIT: I also belive in evolution :) i don't know if I'm anti-catholic or something:( but i go with logic and experimentation rather than just 'beliving'

RE: RE: Ufo! by emit on 08-06-2005 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:
No the universe is not infinate, read up on Obler's paradox.   If the universe is infinate the the sky would be infinatly bright.

I think you misunderstand Olbers' paradox somewhat. The true explanation does not show that the Universe is finite. The explanation of the paradox to gain the most scientific consensus points to the finite speed at which light travels through space. Given its finite speed, the light from the most distant star cannot have travelled a further distance, measured in light years, than the star itself is old. That explanation holds true to the Big Bang Theory and the fact that the Universe has only existed for a finite time, it does not, however, prove that the Universe is finite it merely fits with that possibility.
Another explanation for Olbers' paradox is that stars are not uniformly distributed but, rather, fractally like Cantor dust. This second reasoning does not require the Big Bang to hold true.

By the by it is Olbers' paradox not "Obler's" so those who googled Obler and got weird results, that's why.
RE: Ufo! by TylerG on 08-06-2005 at 08:43 PM

quote:
i dont really beleive in aliens but maybe lower forms of life like fusion said ...but i dont beleive in evolution.
I agree homie.  I am Christian.  So evolution is not in my way of thinking.

RE: Ufo! by lordy on 08-06-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:

i dont know what your talking about! of course they beleive in the old and new testament...but anyways its your own way of interperting it .... but we still dont beleive in evolution and things like that.

Yer i know they believe in the Old and New testament, but i thought Catholics believe that Genesis is a myth, just Genesis not the rest of the OT... i'll ask at school tomorrow and see what they come up with... i know there are Christian religions that believe Genesis is a myth
RE: RE: RE: Ufo! by Veggie on 08-07-2005 at 11:46 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:

I think you misunderstand Olbers' paradox somewhat. The true explanation does not show that the Universe is finite. The explanation of the paradox to gain the most scientific consensus points to the finite speed at which light travels through space. Given its finite speed, the light from the most distant star cannot have travelled a further distance, measured in light years, than the star itself is old. That explanation holds true to the Big Bang Theory and the fact that the Universe has only existed for a finite time, it does not, however, prove that the Universe is finite it merely fits with that possibility.
Another explanation for Olbers' paradox is that stars are not uniformly distributed but, rather, fractally like Cantor dust. This second reasoning does not require the Big Bang to hold true.

By the by it is Olbers' paradox not "Obler's" so those who googled Obler and got weird results, that's why.

I guess that means im going to get bad physics results :(

I think its wierd how people can just dismiss the theory of evolution just becuase of there faith.
RE: Ufo! by emit on 08-07-2005 at 01:29 PM

Not necessarily Veggie. Physics is intuitive and you did intuitively link Olbers' paradox with the fact that the Universe is finite, which isn't strictly incorrent; in fact it shows a grasp of the basic consequences. I just happen to have written a paper in the first year of my astrophysics degree on Olber's paradox so I understand it thoroughly, so I have an advantage. ;)

RE: Ufo! by lizard.boy on 08-08-2005 at 03:12 PM

i do belive that there is extra terrestrial life, just i dont belive that there is any intellegent extra terrestrial life and i dont think that we will ever contact another intellegent lifeform within anybody here's lifetime.

RE: Ufo! by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 09:20 AM

I believe in evolution and extra terrestrial life - but not nessacerilly like ourselves. Course this opinion is hard to voice, going to a Church of England school and all that.

RE: Ufo! by Purity on 08-09-2005 at 09:30 AM

I think it;s so stupid, of course there is other life forms in the universe, like, it pretty much never ends, if you think deep enough.  millions of gallexies!  think of it, but I seriously don't think there has ever been a UFO flying in this gallexy.... It's all fake IMO.  some stupid people looking for attention.

RE: Ufo! by shadowfaerie on 08-09-2005 at 11:28 PM

meh friends thort they saw one, and got over excited bout it and fell in the pond.. which was hillarious found out in the morning it was a hot air balloon!..