Shoutbox

Problems with uninstalling on restricted account - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Problems with uninstalling on restricted account (/showthread.php?tid=48530)

Problems with uninstalling on restricted account by Islander on 08-05-2005 at 05:30 PM

Hi and hello.

I am working in an internet cafe with Windows XP Pro SP2 machines and restricted Users accounts ("Users"-group). Earlier today I found one machine where someone had installed the latest Plus!-Version, included the sponsor program. I remember Patchou adding that possibility (of installing on an restricted account) some time ago. The problem, even though you can the same way uninstall Plus!, the sponsor program will not uninstall (in fact the uninstall routine of the sponsor doesn't even appear). I had to change the user account type, reinstall Plus! and then uninstall again. Pretty annoying.

Is there something you can do about it? Not that I find many computer with Plus! installed here... but it's kind of a pain if you have to remove it that way.

RE: Problems with uninstalling on restricted account by Patchou on 08-05-2005 at 06:04 PM

Hi,

if the software was installed in a limited account, then the sponsor should have been installed as limited too. Limited account installations have icons in the start-up menu to launch the installation, they don't add any entry in Add/Remove Programs.

If Messenger Plus! was listed in Add/Remove Programs, then it was simply installed in an administrator account :).

Hope it helps,
Patchou

RE: Problems with uninstalling on restricted account by Ezra on 08-08-2005 at 09:38 PM

A simple thing would be to install plus! on all the computers already then you can be sure the sponsor won't be installed :-D

RE: RE: Problems with uninstalling on restricted account by kipper2258 on 08-08-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
A simple thing would be to install plus! on all the computers already then you can be sure the sponsor won't be installed :-D

Somehow I don't think the cafe would like that ;)