Shoutbox

Is there danger when using this program? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Is there danger when using this program? (/showthread.php?tid=48536)

Is there danger when using this program? by Kuru on 08-05-2005 at 08:07 PM

I just want to know if messenger plus let virus enter to my computer. A friend of mine8-| told me that but I don't believe him, please let me know as soon as you can.

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by Exca on 08-05-2005 at 08:10 PM

No it doesn't ! :|8-)

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by RaceProUK on 08-05-2005 at 08:48 PM

The only thing Plus! comes with is a completely optional sponsor package. Just so long as you read the installer, everything'll be fine ;)

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by Ezra on 08-05-2005 at 09:14 PM

And you can also safely install the sponsor there's nothing wrong with it

It just installs some ads.

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by Supersonicdarky on 08-05-2005 at 09:22 PM

and if you use, Miscrosoft Antispyware, it will say that plus! is a virus: IT'S A LIE!!!

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by absorbation on 08-05-2005 at 09:22 PM

it's not a virus end of :)

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by Kuru on 08-07-2005 at 04:10 PM

Thanks for the information about that, but there is a problem with messenger plus: I can't use my nintendo 64 emulator at all and I don't understand why????? Can you people give me a hand? Whenever I try to open the emulator this message appears: Failed to allocate memory. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by RaceProUK on 08-07-2005 at 04:56 PM

No.

As for the conflict, it's an isolated problem, and probably due to something wrong in the emulator.

RE: Is there danger when using this program? by L. Coyote on 08-07-2005 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kuru
Thanks for the information about that, but there is a problem with messenger plus: I can't use my nintendo 64 emulator at all and I don't understand why????? Can you people give me a hand? Whenever I try to open the emulator this message appears: Failed to allocate memory. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Are you using Project 64 emulator? I think it was reported a few months ago.

Yeah, found it...

"Messenger plus! + Project 64 conflict"

Only solution is to close MsgPlus! when you use the emulator.