Shoutbox

Windows Vista 3D? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Vista 3D? (/showthread.php?tid=48543)

Windows Vista 3D? by MC Inferno on 08-05-2005 at 10:58 PM

nope, iom not man enough to take the plunge and download a OS BETA but my mate is... he was tellin me something about a 3D mouse on his screen. problem is, i had  no fucking idea what he was on about so could someone explain it better, like how it works, how you control it, etc. or better still even show me a video or some screenshots or something? thanx

RE: Windows Vista 3D? by ShawnZ on 08-06-2005 at 12:16 AM

Theres no 3D mouse in Windows Visa. Looks like he threw you a flaming pile of bullshit.

RE: Windows Vista 3D? by guanako on 08-06-2005 at 05:04 AM

slap him!just playing :p asking why he lied :'(

quote:
MC Inferno slaps Friend with a large smelly tuna fish

RE: Windows Vista 3D? by Fourjays on 08-06-2005 at 09:51 AM

You can have a mouse with a 3D appearance in Windows, but that has been in since Windows 95. Its just shaded to look like its 3D.

Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers > then select 3D white/bronze from the list.

RE: Windows Vista 3D? by zach on 08-06-2005 at 10:15 AM

I remember seeing something in Wikipedia when I was seeing what Windows Vista was...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista -That's about Windows Vista.

There it says one of the features is:

quote:
Aero

Vista will include a completely re-designed user interface, code-named Aero. The new interface is intended to be cleaner and more aesthetically pleasing than previous Windows interfaces. The most visible addition to the interface is the sidebar (however this feature has been removed in the last alpha release and Beta 1 release), an area at the side of the screen consisting of tiles which display dynamic information about whatever window is currently in the foreground, which is essentially an extension of the "system tray" on the Windows task bar. It is possible that Aero Glass will have a look and feel similar to the Project Looking Glass
, an open source project sponsored by Sun Microsystems.
Click on Project Looking Glass and you will see that there is some 3D looking thing...
Maybe that's it.

RE: Windows Vista 3D? by Ezra on 08-06-2005 at 12:02 PM

Aero is the theme it uses, Aero Glass is just a theme with Transparent parts.

And as it says in the text you quoted, it will have the feeling as Project Looking Glass, because Project Looking Glass is not for windows but for Linux and Solaris.

RE: RE: Windows Vista 3D? by zach on 08-06-2005 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Aero is the theme it uses, Aero Glass is just a theme with Transparent parts.

And as it says in the text you quoted, it will have the feeling as Project Looking Glass, because Project Looking Glass is not for windows but for Linux and Solaris.

But it also mensions a 3D desktop enviroment...
[Image: Ss4.jpg]