Shoutbox

Free MMORPG - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Free MMORPG (/showthread.php?tid=48571)

Free MMORPG by Reaper on 08-06-2005 at 01:53 PM

im lookin for a free, good and most of all free MMORPG, any suggestions
i had final fantasy xi for a bit but i didnt want to pay :P
im lookin for something similar as finalfantasy cos i love them games

if not an MMORPG, then any online FPS games. im bored i need a good game. i got need for speed underground 2 but too many problems with it ^o)

[Edit] When i mean free i mean no monthly payments. i dont mind buying a game. or maybe there a totally free MMORPGs so no need to buy the game or pay some random amount every month :D

RE: Free MMORPG by Ezra on 08-06-2005 at 02:10 PM

There's a free MMORPG called Project Entropia

The game itselve is free, but the money used in the game is real money, so you need to use some real money to get started, but after that you can make money in the game, by hunting, selling stuff that kind of things.

BTW: You need a fast computer and huge bandwidth :P

I'm on 3 Ghz, 512 MB and 8Mbit down and 1 Mbit up and well... sometimes it can be laggy :P

RE: Free MMORPG by YottabyteWizard on 08-06-2005 at 02:11 PM

Ragnarok Online!! I've been playing this game all day long for 3 weeks now. I really recommend this one. In the normal servers you have to pay $15 dlls a month, but there's also other servers like euphRO and namelessRO wich are free.
Also there's a huge list of free servrs here.

RE: Free MMORPG by Reaper on 08-06-2005 at 02:23 PM

with ragnarok, i registered and im currently downloading the game. how do i join the free servers cos the games looks really good

RE: Free MMORPG by Mike on 08-06-2005 at 02:25 PM

Try Rose Online :)

Its free

RE: Free MMORPG by super-schaf on 08-06-2005 at 02:29 PM

that other game is 915 mbts to download

RE: Free MMORPG by Reaper on 08-06-2005 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by super-schaf
its 915 mbs!!!!

lol i have a lot of time on my hands ;)
RE: Free MMORPG by YottabyteWizard on 08-06-2005 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
with ragnarok, i registered and im currently downloading the game. how do i join the free servers cos the games looks really good
You have to download a 'patch', but the new server software you download won't replace any files you have in the RO directory, it'll just use them to play the game and don't have to download everything again. In euphRO (where i play) just downloaded an installer and it just did all the stuff for me, also the normal servers where still playable.

EDIT: BTW, you have to register in server program. If you registered in iro.ragnarokonline.com you can just use your username in the servers from there. Register in the server you'll use.
RE: Free MMORPG by Reaper on 08-06-2005 at 02:39 PM

ahh ok thanx. i think i might join euphRO :P;)

[Edit] on the euphRO site, do i need to download all of the "Necessary Files"

RE: Free MMORPG by SithToast on 08-07-2005 at 03:23 AM

I can't believe everyone forgot about Guild Wars! It's $50 to buy, but it's free after that! No monthly fees... ever!

There's also Anarchy Online. It costs nothing to download and nothing to play! That offer expires in January 2006, but I'm sure when it gets close to the cut off date, they'll extend it another year like last time :)

RE: Free MMORPG by brian on 08-07-2005 at 03:32 AM

Anarchy Online is blah, I played till level 8 and didn't feel to play more, WoW is more addicting.