Shoutbox

Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? (/showthread.php?tid=48595)

Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by jarnail_ on 08-07-2005 at 01:12 AM

Instead I have to go to My Computer> Local Disk C> Program Files> Messenger Plus 3> and click the MsgPlus icon (Butterfly one)

then i have to exit out of msn, and wait a bit, and it either automatically loads onto messenger, or a pop up comes up nd asks me if i want to fix it and restart msn, fix it permanently once the computer restars, and another option....

edit: can this be moved to support

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by mwe99 on 08-07-2005 at 02:11 AM

Do you have the latest version of MSN (6.2/7.0) and Plus (3.54)?

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by L. Coyote on 08-07-2005 at 02:59 AM

Check out Sunshine's reply to "MSG PLUS is GONE everytime i close msn!!!!"

Edit: Also, using the forum search will give you more results (that's how I found Sunshine's post ;)).

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by jarnail_ on 08-07-2005 at 10:21 PM

I did try searching, but didnt know what keyword to use, and yes I have the newest MSN 7.0816 and Messenger Plus.  And my Messenger Plus doesnt disappear everytime I close msn, only everytime I start up windows....

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by L. Coyote on 08-07-2005 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jarnail_
And my Messenger Plus doesnt disappear everytime I close msn, only everytime I start up windows....
The information to fix this is very related, that is why I put that link. Did you check it out?
RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by jarnail_ on 08-10-2005 at 06:56 PM

yea i did, didnt work for me, I even uninstalled Messenger Plus, and reinstalled it.....

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by lopardo on 08-11-2005 at 03:00 PM

Do you have any antivirus/antispyware software running? Sometimes they prevent MsgPlus from adding the entry in the registry that makes it run automatically when Windows starts. Try disabling your antivirus/antispyware and reinstall MsgPlus.

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by jarnail_ on 08-12-2005 at 08:53 PM

yea i think microsoft antispyware thinks Messenger Plus is a form of spyware, ill try and remove that... hope it works.

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by mandorallen on 08-13-2005 at 11:30 AM

Try ignoring msgplus proccess in Microsoft Antispyware

Run Mic. Antisyware and select the ignore option always for msgplus, it will be work ok.

RE: Why doesn't my Messenger Plus automatically load at windows start-up? by jarnail_ on 08-21-2005 at 04:31 PM

Thanks, it has worked.  Sorry for my late replies i've been busy.