Shoutbox

custom themes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: custom themes (/showthread.php?tid=48601)

custom themes by NiteMare on 08-07-2005 at 04:36 AM

ok i've looked EVERYwear fot this

i would like to know of a program that will allow me to edit or creat window themes, with out having to keep some other program running such as windowblinds, i would like it to create a .theme file so i can change it from the display propertys

RE: custom themes by SithToast on 08-07-2005 at 05:11 AM

You're probably looking for this. :)

RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-07-2005 at 06:25 PM

not quite, i want to be able to modify the visual style my self, instead of just choosing others

RE: custom themes by brian on 08-07-2005 at 06:33 PM

Umm, that's what that program does, it creates styles for WindowsBlinds

RE: custom themes by Eljay on 08-07-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Umm, that's what that program does, it creates styles for WindowsBlinds

its for StyleXP (or uxtheme.dll patch), not windowblinds ;)

if you want a program to make skins for windowblinds: SkinStudio
RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-08-2005 at 07:44 PM

kinda, thats the kinda of editor i would like, but the final product can only be exported with window blinds, i would like one that exprots to the typical windows .theme file

RE: custom themes by ShawnZ on 08-08-2005 at 07:59 PM

yes... thats what sithtoast's link does... edits .theme files

8-)

RE: custom themes by Eljay on 08-08-2005 at 08:10 PM

1. Download and run uxtheme.dll patch (google for it)
2. Download and install stylebuilder (siths link)
3. Make theme and export as .msstyle (only option)
4. Copy .msstyle to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes
5. Double-click .msstyle file

it should now appear in the "Display Properties" window

RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-08-2005 at 08:10 PM

no, it doesn't edit the details, like the colours of the task bar, the look of the start button, you can only play around with PRE_MADE COMBINATIONS of other peoples works,  the second link edits everything, but it doesn't export to .theme

RE: custom themes by Eljay on 08-08-2005 at 08:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
no, it doesn't edit the details, like the colours of the task bar, the look of the start button, you can only play around with PRE_MADE COMBINATIONS of other peoples works,  the second link edits everything, but it doesn't export to .theme

read my post above yours, you dont need it to be .theme if you patch uxtheme.dll
RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-08-2005 at 08:29 PM

i read your post, but style builder is useless to me, i have already tryed it, it doesn't edit the fine details of the .theme files, it just allows you to change between visual styles, icons, sounds and other stuff, i want to be able to change the look of the visual style, not just switch them arund

RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-08-2005 at 10:16 PM

Btw i already HAVE the uxtheme.dll patch it doesn't help for what i need

RE: custom themes by lopardo on 08-08-2005 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
it just allows you to change between visual styles, icons, sounds and other stuff
That's what StyleXP does, StyleBuilder let's you make visual styles...

RE: custom themes by ShawnZ on 08-08-2005 at 11:37 PM

Stylebuilder is a program for editing or creating mstheme files, which are the visual styles in Display Properties under the appearence tab.

StyleXP is a program that allows you to apply custom mstheme files without patching uxtheme.dll. This requires the stylexp service to be running at all times alongside the themes service.

Uxtheme patch is a patch that modifies the themes service (uxtheme.dll) in order to allow you to use unsigned themes, sort of like what StyleXP does.

Windowblinds is a program that modifies the memory of explorer (as far as I know this is how it does it) and allowes you to theme your computer using wbtheme files. this does not require the windows theme service atall but must be running at all times and is a bit of a memory hogger.

.THEME files store information about the theme you are using and are accessable under the first tab in Display Properties.

MSTHEME (.exe) files contain the actual visual styles used in themes.

RE: custom themes by NiteMare on 08-08-2005 at 11:41 PM

ok, as i pull my foot out of my mouth, i realize you guys were right, but that site screwed me up