Shoutbox

[suggestion] Timed nickchanges - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges (/showthread.php?tid=48611)

[suggestion] Timed nickchanges by SanderTje! on 08-07-2005 at 02:35 PM

I've been using MSG Plus! for a long time already and I do have a feature-request, a serious one.

In m'n nickname I always put where I'm, if I'm not at home. So for instance if I go to school, I do my nick as SanderTje! @ School, or SanderTje! @ Work...

I thought it would be nice if these events could be timed, so I can add for instance SanderTje! @ Train...

Yes, I like to be tracked down. But I want to avoid those questions on the cell phone like: "Where are you now?" :D

RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by RaceProUK on 08-07-2005 at 04:59 PM

You do know Personalised Statuses are very useful for this? And for non-Plussers, it still apears in your nickname. Then, you can use the Plus! Task Scheduler to change to the correct Personalised Status.

RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by SanderTje! on 08-07-2005 at 05:44 PM

I know that feature, but that's not what I ment to say... :) It's about nickchange(s) on certain time(s).

RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by brian on 08-07-2005 at 06:32 PM

What he was trying to say, it's like, when it's 7:30, his status is 'Metro', and when it's about 8 AM, his status is 'Work' and like at 5 its at 'Metro' again and at 7 it's nothing. :p

RE: RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by SanderTje! on 08-07-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
What he was trying to say, it's like, when it's 7:30, his status is 'Metro', and when it's about 8 AM, his status is 'Work' and like at 5 its at 'Metro' again and at 7 it's nothing. :p

Totally right! Would be even cooler if you could not just change the status, but the nick as well.
RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by Jimcando on 08-07-2005 at 08:12 PM

like raceprouk said, MSG Plus! personalised statuses add your status to the end of your nick, so it would appear as ' your nickname (on the train)'
So would this not be what you want?

RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by brian on 08-07-2005 at 08:16 PM

Oh god.

He KNOWS about that, but he wants it to be autodone, AUTOMATICLY.

RE: RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by dudeman_27 on 08-08-2005 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Oh god.

He KNOWS about that, but he wants it to be autodone, AUTOMATICLY.

calm down, you can do it automaticaly. Go to the main messenger window and then go to Plus!>Task Scheduler. there ya go. happy? :P
RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by RaceProUK on 08-08-2005 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SanderTje!
I know that feature, but that's not what I ment to say... :) It's about nickchange(s) on certain time(s).
I'm with Jimcando in asking if Personalised Status is not quite what you want, instead of Brian's frustration.
The Task Scheduler doesn't allow you to enter Plus! commands, since they need a conversation to work. However, someone could write a plugin for this.
RE: RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by SanderTje! on 08-10-2005 at 12:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'm with Jimcando in asking if Personalised Status is not quite what you want, instead of Brian's frustration.
The Task Scheduler doesn't allow you to enter Plus! commands, since they need a conversation to work. However, someone could write a plugin for this.

No it's about my entire nick. I have looked for the plug-in's that could do this thing, but there's no one available who could do so.

If the Task Manager would allow commands, I think that will do the trick then... :)
RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by EvilSeph on 08-11-2005 at 03:10 PM

Personally, I feel this feature is un-necessary and can be used against your contacts. It's very annoying when someones nickname constantly changes. MSN Messenger 4.x all over again.

RE: [suggestion] Timed nickchanges by Concord Dawn on 08-11-2005 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Personally, I feel this feature is un-necessary and can be used against your contacts. It's very annoying when someones nickname constantly changes. MSN Messenger 4.x all over again.

Agreed.