Shoutbox

two messengers but want one plus ! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: two messengers but want one plus ! (/showthread.php?tid=48646)

two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-08-2005 at 01:04 PM

i use windows messenger at work. its allowed by the company, but just that 5.1 version.
so, i also use de msn messenger (ssshhhh :-#) and i have plus! installed too.
BUT... and here is my question... i dont want Plus! running on the windows messenger.
is there a way to have both messenger running, but just one of them with plus! ???
thanks.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by RaceProUK on 08-08-2005 at 02:26 PM

AFAIK there isn't a way to do this I'm afraid.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by Concord Dawn on 08-08-2005 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
AFAIK there isn't a way to do this I'm afraid.

I think if you use one of the alternate hooking modes you might be able to achieve this. Check out this post.
RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-08-2005 at 04:33 PM

no , chaotic. it doesnt work.
any other suggestion?

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by Patchou on 08-08-2005 at 09:11 PM

Out of curiosity, could I know why you wouldn't want Plus! in Windows Messenger? it's not supposed to cause you any problem even if you don't use its features after all...

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by dylan! on 08-08-2005 at 09:15 PM

i think its because with msn messenger she like hides it or something and she shoulda have it and shes only allowed windows messenger so if she gets caqht with addons or somethign more than windows messenger she might get ionto trouble:P

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-09-2005 at 12:39 PM

something like that, dylan...;)
but mainly because i can keep msn messenger hiding, but windows messenger not; because im not only allowed to use it but i should do it most of the time. but if someone approches my computer, i dont want them to see any differences on the regular windows messenger that i should have^o). get what i mean?
ex: the warning message on the conversation window.
i use the "boss alert" for the new version of messenger, while i dont use it on the 5.1; still, PLUS! reads in my menu bar and "Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation" in the chat window.
am i clear now?
thanks for your suggestions. still trying...8-)

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 12:49 PM

For that matter, why not just use Windows Messenger, Or are you a features freak.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-09-2005 at 02:46 PM

would i post here if using just windows messenger is the answer im looking for?

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by kipper2258 on 08-09-2005 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marina
would i post here if using just windows messenger is the answer im looking for?

Well, it is an alternative.
RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by ShawnZ on 08-09-2005 at 02:51 PM

Uh, why not just not have windows messenger running atall then just hide msn messenger when you need to? 8-)

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by matty on 08-09-2005 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marina
"Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation"
Just so you know this is not caused by Messenger Plus! but by MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger alone. It will go away after opening 5 conversation windows.

I can try and convince Patchou to add a registry key that will force Plus! to only hook certain versions of Messenger.
RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-09-2005 at 08:17 PM

i know, i know...
maybe i didnt clarify, that my window messenger has a "company warning" that was override by the "messenger warning" (the one you quoted) when i installed plus!. and no, it wont go away.

"I can try and convince Patchou to add a registry key that will force Plus! to only hook certain versions of Messenger"
that would be great.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by trini on 08-09-2005 at 09:25 PM

Heh, it's simple, just rename msmsgs.exe to something else and Plus! won't come up when you start it.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by ShawnZ on 08-09-2005 at 09:28 PM

um, yes it will...

and that breaks stuff anyways.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by trini on 08-09-2005 at 09:43 PM

Hm.. I'm using windows messenger and msn messenger, did rename msmsgs.exe to msmsgs2.exe and Plus! does not start with it... It did ask me first time do I want to repair it, I just ticked the box 'never show this window again' and it did leave me alone.

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by ShawnZ on 08-09-2005 at 09:57 PM

uh.. then thats why :P

RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by Patchou on 08-09-2005 at 11:02 PM

As you're not the first one to ask for this, I give up, you'll have your option :p. It will be a reg setting in Messenger Plus! 3.60 :).

RE: RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by TylerG on 08-10-2005 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
As you're not the first one to ask for this, I give up, you'll have your option :p. It will be a reg setting in Messenger Plus! 3.60 :).

Patchou you are so nice:P  Aming to please every Plus! user...Sounds pretty corny but it is true:P
RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by Concord Dawn on 08-10-2005 at 01:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

Everyone should bow to Patchou. We should have an international holiday named "Patchou Day". Or at least a Canadian National holiday :-P
RE: two messengers but want one plus ! by marina on 08-10-2005 at 01:03 PM

thanks patchou.
the argentinean PLUS! user community thanks you
;) (aint that too much? hehehe)

by the way... how do i rename and what do i rename? you lost me there... :s