Shoutbox

Taking some vacations have having fun - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Taking some vacations have having fun (/showthread.php?tid=48658)

Taking some vacations have having fun by Patchou on 08-08-2005 at 06:47 PM

Hey everyone,

it's summer and like most people in North America, I'm currently taking some vacations. This year we're lucky, the weather is giving us plenty of sun and that's why I decided... to lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft :).

I bought this game 10- days ago, out of curiosity (the last online RPG I tried didn't convince me) and since then, I barely did anything than playing. This game is a total disease, Fraisie tried it and now she's hooked up too! as a result, my vacations are going very well but I hardly know what's going on in the community (appart from the fact that the last beta was leaked. A word of advice, don't use it, it will crash your Messenger).

I hope I'll soon be able to resume work on Messenger Plus! 3.60 but until then, anyone of you interested in giving WoW a try is welcomed to join me in the Moonrunner realm ("Patchou" is currently a level 31 Paladin).

Hope to see you there! :)
Patchou

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by [MR] on 08-08-2005 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft .
yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee :undecided:
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Max on 08-08-2005 at 06:50 PM

-buys World of Warcraft-

I hope you are habing a good vacation Patchou, continue to enjoy it, sadly mine is lousy, but oh well. :p

Enjoy my friend!

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Eljay on 08-08-2005 at 06:52 PM

quote:
This year we're lucky, the weather is giving us plenty of sun and that's why I decided... to lock myself in a room playing World Of Warcraft .

8-| lol :P
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by qgroessl on 08-08-2005 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
    quote:Originally posted by Patchou

yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee

I know! I'd like that game too... but I think online fees are bogus.... I mean... pay for the game... then pay for playing the game... Thats crap.
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by [MR] on 08-08-2005 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Patchou

yes i have heard it is a very addicting game...i might want to try it but i dont want to pay the online fee

I know! I'd like that game too... but I think online fees are bogus.... I mean... pay for the game... then pay for playing the game... Thats crap.
ya i mean u are already paying alot for the game which is about $40 i think and then $15 a month i think thats retarded
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by qgroessl on 08-08-2005 at 06:59 PM

quote:
ya i mean u are already paying alot for the game which is about $40 i think and then $15 a month i think thats retarded

Completely agreed... but is there any better way to spend your summer!?!?....... Didn't think so.
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by absorbation on 08-08-2005 at 07:01 PM

quote:
(appart from the fact that the last beta was leaked. A word of advice, don't use it, it will crash your Messenger).

wow lol :P i'll spread that even though it maybe a lie. It should get some non beta testers off (6) i think it's a bad time to ask if i can become one lol :P
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Patchou on 08-08-2005 at 09:05 PM

Well, actually, it makes a lot of sense after a hile... when you buy the game you get 30 days included. There's a lot of services that need to be paid monthly, it helps the game to evolve and mature, you get support, improvements, and tons of other stuff you wouldn't get if it was pay-once, play for life (they would simply release upgrade packages to compensate every 6 months, that wouldn't be better and would cost a lot too).

That being said, paying for online gaming also has a very important advantage: you remove a lot, and I mean a LOT of people from the game who had nothing to do there in the first place. Other online games have tried different approaches in the past but everytime you get free unlimited access, servers are flooded with people who just annoy the hell out of everyone and destroy the gaming experience. If you require pay for access, then most of those people go somewhere else.

I hope I'll see some of you soon :).

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by absorbation on 08-08-2005 at 09:06 PM

i hope you find out the leaker :( see you :P

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by mwe99 on 08-08-2005 at 09:09 PM

So theres an  online fee? Hm is it available to UK people too then?

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by RebelSean on 08-08-2005 at 09:17 PM

Sounds good Patchou, hope you have some fun on your vacation. Can't wait for Plus! 3.60 :D!

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by TylerG on 08-09-2005 at 12:58 AM

I want to Get WoW so bad.  All my friends have it, I play it sometimes and it is so awesome, and addictive:P  But right now I can't afford it, I am saving up for a Flat screen monitor and some other stuff, and since I don't have a real job, I would barely be able to pay that internet fee:(  Have fun on your vacation Patchou! 

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by mwe99 on 08-09-2005 at 01:05 AM

yeah its quite expensive lol even on ebay :P

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by brian on 08-09-2005 at 02:17 AM

And you pay 15$ monthly.

Well, I played it for a couple of months, and I couldn't pay 15$ per month.

I sold my level 59 and made pretty much some good $$$. :D

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Chrono on 08-09-2005 at 02:28 AM

quote:
level 31 Paladin
:lol: :refuck::refuck:

:P

Anyway, have fun pitcho :P. and yeah, i would pay for it, but im actually addicted to ragnarok online, and as my guild is one of the best ones in the server i play, i dont feel like leaving the game any time soon :banana:
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by J.J on 08-09-2005 at 02:29 AM

Have fun on your vacation Patchou :)

G/l with teh game also, always hard to stop playing when you get hooked to a good game :P

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by NiteMare on 08-09-2005 at 02:34 AM

i've always wondered patchou, do you have a second job, or does msg plus! bring in anough to support you?

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by brian on 08-09-2005 at 02:36 AM

He does have a second job, working, else he'd be here spamming the forums with us. \o/

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by NiteMare on 08-09-2005 at 02:38 AM

what is that job?, out of curiosity?

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Chrono on 08-09-2005 at 04:14 AM

he has no other job :P

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
does msg plus! bring in anough to support you?
that's it

BTW Patchou, what about Plus!' compatibility with MSN 7.5? there's a public beta of it already (if im not mistaken..)
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Ash_ on 08-09-2005 at 05:47 AM

lol im also addicted to WoW. ill have to gank you and Frasie. with my Succubus (Realm: Gurubashi. Level 38 Warlock named Etsuo)

anyway i hope the rest of your holiday goes well enjoy WoW.

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Patchou on 08-09-2005 at 05:37 PM

Messenger Plus! has been my only job for the last two years :).

A public beta of Messenger 7.5? don't scare me like that! I was already seeing the end of my vacations. As far as I know, there's no public beta but correct me if I'm wrong :p.

I never played Ragnarok and as you told me you had a kick ass character in it already, I'll never give it a try ;)

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Voldemort on 08-09-2005 at 05:40 PM

Yes there is a public beta:7.5
read it somewhere on mess.be, wanted to try it but its just for xp, pity.

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by user35870 on 08-09-2005 at 05:41 PM

yip there is :P

http://messenger.msn.com/beta/

Anyway, I hope you have fun on the rest of your vacation.

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by user27089 on 08-09-2005 at 05:41 PM

I hope you're having fun in your vacations Patchou, I know I'm not having fun in mine, it's becoming a nightmare to be honest. I don't really like World of Warcraft, so I won't have the pleasure of ever beating you on it Patch :refuck: lol. Although, if you do get CounterStrike: Source (buy Half Life 2), then you could challenge a lot of the Messenger Plus! community ;).

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Max on 08-09-2005 at 05:49 PM

... Patchou!

I could have sworn that you worked for a company coding the programs for cash tills, or was I completley wrong?

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Patchou on 08-09-2005 at 11:07 PM

You're not wrong, it was until 2 years ago, when Messenger Plus! became my full time job :).

As for the beta link you gave me, it downloads version 7.0 :p.

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by NiteMare on 08-09-2005 at 11:47 PM

the download link says technical reveiw or something making you think its a beta, tehn when you click download, it redirects your to the 7.0 download site

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Vilkku on 08-10-2005 at 07:04 AM

A paladin! PALADIN! IMBA! NERF! NERF!!! omgz shield + hs is t3h lame!

Anyway... play horde... make shaman... own all (y). And somehow play on the European servers please, you can join my guild :P

RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Eljay on 08-10-2005 at 07:10 AM

quote:
You're not wrong, it was until 2 years ago, when Messenger Plus! became my full time job :).

http://messenger.msn.it/beta <= the italians have 7.5 as a beta :S
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Chrono on 08-10-2005 at 07:41 AM

quote:
I never played Ragnarok and as you told me you had a kick ass character in it already, I'll never give it a try 
awwwwwwww :(
quote:
A public beta of Messenger 7.5? don't scare me like that! I was already seeing the end of my vacations. As far as I know, there's no public beta but correct me if I'm wrong .
:lol: sorry, i misunderstood another post :p (A). there is a beta page but it doesnt download the beta (wtf :dodgy:)

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
http://messenger.msn.it/beta <= the italians have 7.5 as a beta 
if italians have a beta, then it's the encd of pitchos holidays :refuck:

lol, j/k patchou :P (but it's true that the link does work :P)
RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by linx05 on 08-10-2005 at 08:11 AM

Have fun on your holidays. Over here it's holidays 24/7. Wish I had a game I was hooked on :S

RE: RE: Taking some vacations have having fun by Max on 08-10-2005 at 08:27 AM

quote:

Thanks for clearing that up... I never gave you a link. :p