Shoutbox

Plugin API Guide - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Plugin API Guide (/showthread.php?tid=48696)

Plugin API Guide by RaceProUK on 08-09-2005 at 12:49 PM

Some of you may remember, I wrote a guide to the Plugins API ages ago. Well, with my new site up and running, I wish to restart this little project. To start off with, I'm going to cover what's documented in the Plugin API download (but with a bit more detail on arguments and such). However, if there's any undocumented parts, I'd also like to cover them (with permission of course ;)).

RE: Plugin API Guide by Max on 08-09-2005 at 02:25 PM

Good idea, remember to cover C# as to my knowledge there is no official framework. ;)

RE: Plugin API Guide by Dempsey on 08-09-2005 at 02:29 PM

yea be good to also cover Delphi and ASM plugins, which I believe there are *unofficial* implementations for.

RE: RE: Plugin API Guide by J-Thread on 08-09-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patches
Good idea, remember to cover C# as to my knowledge there is no official framework. ;)

Pm / mail me for that one, i've translated the plugin to C# a little while ago and I know there are others who've done it too...

So nobody has to do the same work twice :-)
RE: Plugin API Guide by RaceProUK on 08-13-2005 at 11:40 AM

I'll start work on it as soon as I can then :D Good to see there's interest :D

RE: Plugin API Guide by CookieRevised on 08-13-2005 at 01:04 PM

ermm... just to remind that there is another recent thread asking about the plugin guide (and in which I included a post which lists all talked about frameworks)

CookieRevised's reply to Plugin Guide

PS @Patches and J-Thread: The C# framework is already documented long time ago, simply search the forums...

RE: RE: Plugin API Guide by J-Thread on 08-15-2005 at 09:59 AM

quote:
PS @Patches and J-Thread: The C# framework is already documented long time ago, simply search the forums...

quote:
I know there are others who've done it too

I know that;)
RE: Plugin API Guide by eSouL on 10-06-2005 at 08:23 AM

How's the guide coming along?

RE: Plugin API Guide by RaceProUK on 10-06-2005 at 01:08 PM

I've got the C++ version up, but ATM I have no Internet connection to my PC, so work has kinda stalled for now. When I'm back online again, I'll get the VB6 version up, and start work on the .NET version.

RE: Plugin API Guide by CookieRevised on 10-06-2005 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I'll get the VB6 version up, and start work on the .NET version.
I have many comments for the current VB6 plugin API example. I'm going to send it to Patchou first and see what is going to be used of that. At the same time, I'll send you a copy also.
So, to avoid double work, maybe wait a bit for the VB6 stuff (unless you're going to document undocumented stuff which isn't in the example API of course)... ;)
RE: Plugin API Guide by eSouL on 10-06-2005 at 02:07 PM

Cookie, can you send me a copy too please? I am learning the VB6 API to work on a plugin but there are doubts in various places. Thanks in advance!

RE: Plugin API Guide by CookieRevised on 10-06-2005 at 02:16 PM

Ok, but the main stuff to "change" is easy to explain. In short:
- don't use the StrComp function, you can reduce all those dead slow comparissons simply with If LCase(TheVariable) = "/xexample" Then
- don't use the IF THEN ELSEIF THEN structures, use SELECT CASE structures instead...
- the other stuff I want to comment on needs a bit more explaining though...