Shoutbox

msngplus 3 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msngplus 3 (/showthread.php?tid=48712)

msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 06:59 PM

I have msn 7.0 and when I go to install msngplus it says you have to have at least version 4.5 or something or higher, and it says reinstall msn to fix this... so I did, and it still doesn't work. what do I do?

RE: msngplus 3 by user27089 on 08-09-2005 at 07:03 PM

I've never came across this before, what version of Windows are you using?

Try downloading the latest MSN Messenger, the latest Windows Messenger and the latest Messenger Plus!.

Before you install, update Windows Messenger, uninstall both MSN Messenger and Messenger Plus!, delete the folders "MSN Messenger" and "Messenger Plus! 3" from C:/Program Files/, then install MSN & Messenger Plus!

RE: msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 07:09 PM

I'm using windows xp and do I need both msn messenger and windows messenger? cause I think I just got msn messenger, and it's the newest version

*edit*

it worked this time :S I uninstalled it reinstalled it, uninstalled it reinstalled it then I clicked on it and it installed

RE: msngplus 3 by user27089 on 08-09-2005 at 07:10 PM

Download the latest version of Windows Messenger because, that may be the problem.

RE: msngplus 3 by absorbation on 08-09-2005 at 07:10 PM

you need windows messenger and it's msgplus or messenger plus! ;)

RE: msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 07:14 PM

when I install it though it still won't work cause my anti virus says that is has a trojan in it...

RE: msngplus 3 by user27089 on 08-09-2005 at 07:16 PM

There is no trojan in messenger plus!, it is a false detection, I assume that you're using AVG, which detects Messenger Plus! as this. Allow it to install.

RE: msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 07:19 PM

I have avast anti virus.... and IZ told it to ignore it and then it said that it detected another one....... yet when I first scanned it, it picked up nothing so I'm just gonna disable it when I install it, and since I have xp I'm supposed to have windows messenger build in, but I think my dad disabled it some how.

also when I do install it, it tries to take me to a website. but the site doesn't work. when I do install it how do I use it?  and do I have to use msn or windows messenger?

RE: msngplus 3 by absorbation on 08-09-2005 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Mitch
also when I do install it, it tries to take me to a website. but the site doesn't work.

the contest apge :S is it an old version of plus?
RE: msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 07:32 PM

it's MsgPlus-300, none of the download sites work for me, when I click on the downloads section I don't get any thing... cause my friend sent me the link before to download it. and said it worked for him but it doesn't work for me

when ever I click on any of the links that any one posts to get new versions or any thing it doesn't work, my friend sent me the link to get plug ins for it and that didn't work either.

RE: msngplus 3 by user27089 on 08-09-2005 at 07:36 PM

Latest Messenger Plus!: Download
Latest MSN: Download
Latest Windows Messenger: Download.

RE: msngplus 3 by Darth Mitch on 08-09-2005 at 07:37 PM

that first link doesn't work for me....... the download page never works for me....

RE: msngplus 3 by absorbation on 08-09-2005 at 07:58 PM

it's bloocked i bet :P find a mirror site for the new version of plus ;)

RE: msngplus 3 by matty on 08-09-2005 at 08:02 PM

Ok correction time to this entire thread:

Is Windows Messenger Need:

No Windows Messenger is not need to install Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! uses DLL Injection to be able to access the Messenger API from inside of MSN Messenger without using the API available in Windows Messenger.

I cannot download the latest Messenger Plus!:
There might be many reasons why you cannot access the main download but there are many mirrors available.

Take a look at http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=62787

Is there a trojan in Messenger Plus!:
No, some antiviruses detect the Optional Sponsor, package available to you when you install, as a trojan. The sponsor package is only adaware and not spyware.

I hope this clarifies some of the misconceptions in this thread.

Also when you are installing MSN Messenger where are you installing it to? And as well is your account on the computer Limited Access or have Administrator Access?