Shoutbox

Update version alert - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Update version alert (/showthread.php?tid=48734)

Update version alert by blaiseaz on 08-10-2005 at 10:48 AM

Is there any plug-in or add-on to bypass the update version alert that asks to download a newer version of msn messenger?
Very strange, i have version 7.0.0.813 both at home and at work.
When i try to connect to the one at home i am prompted with an alert to download the latest version. This does not happenn at work. What's so different???
Thank you for assistance...

RE: Update version alert by John Anderton on 08-10-2005 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blaiseaz
Is there any plug-in or add-on to bypass the update version alert that asks to download a newer version of msn messenger?
Very strange, i have version 7.0.0.813 both at home and at work.
When i try to connect to the one at home i am prompted with an alert to download the latest version. This does not happenn at work. What's so different???
Thank you for assistance...

Actually the version that you are using isnt the latest one.
Goto http://messenger.msn.com and check it out ... a new beta is released. I am using 7.5.0164 (i think *-) i aint too good with the build numbers :P) and it tells me that there is a new version but i've been too busy to update it :P
So the one you are using is old. There is a new public beta available ;)

UPDATE: Aditionally ... you could click on the tab and tell it not to remind you for another week if you are felling bugged ;) Or just say no so that it'll remind you next time :)
RE: Update version alert by blaiseaz on 08-10-2005 at 01:17 PM

I know about the option to ask it to check again in 1 week time. But i also know that there is an add on or a program to patch msn messenger to stop having this remind.
A program which stops msn messenger from checking available latest version.
That's what i want.

RE: Update version alert by tomfletcherman on 08-10-2005 at 01:37 PM

You might be thinking of the program that stops you from being forced to upgrade. This new build is obviosuely not compulsory otherwise you wouldn't be able to sign in.

RE: RE: Update version alert by blaiseaz on 08-10-2005 at 10:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
You might be thinking of the program that stops you from being forced to upgrade. This new build is obviosuely not compulsory otherwise you wouldn't be able to sign in.

That's what i'm looking for, what's program is that?