Shoutbox

Uninstalled but still problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Uninstalled but still problems (/showthread.php?tid=48755)

Uninstalled but still problems by sm.mail on 08-10-2005 at 06:22 PM

messenger plus installed on XP (home PC) by 2 limited a/c users. It was later uninstalled because one of them included sponsors (via control panel - add/delet prog) but on the administator users account, it still has:

1.  A lot of web sites in favorites
2.  A search tool bar at the top of the screen
3.  Two additional bars appear at bottom (sometimes)
4.  Pop up adverts at random

ALL THE ABOVE PROBLEMS WILL NOT DELETE
Please help, Thanks

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by [MR] on 08-10-2005 at 06:25 PM

here try this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d8...d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by sm.mail on 08-10-2005 at 06:41 PM

WHAT WILL THIS DO ?
DO I JUST RUN IT OR DO I NEED TO SAVE IT FIRST ?
WILL I LOSE ANY INFORMATION FROM MY PC ?

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by [MR] on 08-10-2005 at 06:43 PM

just run the setup and then there should be a shortcut on ur desktop or in your start menu ...then once the application is open select what you want to delete from your computer and press the remove button thats all :P

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by ShawnZ on 08-10-2005 at 06:48 PM

Sigh...

You cannot remove the sponsor using third party removal programs. If you have attempted to use a program such as Ad-Aware or Microsoft Antispyware, you must re-install the msgplus sponsor.

Once the sponsor has been re-installed, logon to an administrator account (not power user or limited user!) and make sure all Internet Explorer windows are closed, as well as outlook express and msn messenger.

Next, goto Start, goto Control panel, choose Add/Remove Programs, select Messenger Plus!, and choose to uninstall the sponsor only

If this doesn't work, start again from the beginning, but instead of just logging in normally, try doing it in Safe Mode.

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by kipper2258 on 08-10-2005 at 06:49 PM

My advise is to reinstall Msg+ WITH sponsers (as admin) and then remove - this way it fully purges the sponser rather than sometimes leaving traces still on the system.

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by sm.mail on 08-10-2005 at 08:24 PM

When I uninstalled it , it was as the administrator - do you think I should still idownload again and the uninstall ?

Also is it normal to have a lot of items in favourits which I can not delete ?

RE: Uninstalled but still problems by kipper2258 on 08-11-2005 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sm.mail

When I uninstalled it , it was as the administrator - do you think I should still idownload again and the uninstall ?

Also is it normal to have a lot of items in favourits which I can not delete ?

Yes - That is part of the sponser program.
Do all this as Administrator: Redownload MsgPlus and install it WITH the sponser program, then uninstall MsgPlus, and it should clear it all up.

DO NOT USE THAT PROGRAM MR_5_MR POSTED..
RE: Uninstalled but still problems by L. Coyote on 08-11-2005 at 10:09 AM

Patchou has posted more detailed instructions to remove the sponsor (this is a link to said thread).

Remember to restart after uninstalling the program, for the changes to take effect.

And I won't get tired of saying this: STOP telling people to use a third-party program to remove the sponsor!