Shoutbox

Messenger under an hack attack? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger under an hack attack? (/showthread.php?tid=48785)

Messenger under an hack attack? by San Celluz on 08-11-2005 at 08:44 AM

Ok, maybe yoy will find it stupid but i need to know.

Yesterday a friend of mine with messenger 7.0 and under my contact list started to spread weird and very offensive message to me.

At first time i thinked that he was crazy but after a little i noticied that someone started to use "in remote" all contact list of him to send offensive message.

After some testing we found that the "bastard" can read all open chat windows of my friend too and interact with them but not with my contact list.

Another strange thing was that the avatar image vanished in all contact that me and my friend have in community.

Someone know how this "bastard"  can do it and how we can protect us from this kind of attack?

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by zaher1988 on 08-11-2005 at 09:32 AM

maybe he's remote controling ur PCs:S :S not sure

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by zach on 08-11-2005 at 09:43 AM

I'm not an expert on these things but they must have put spyware on your computer so that they can get into your computer and see what you are doing. Get Spybot- S&D to scan for Spyware. GetAd-Aware SE to scan for adware if you don't already. I'm guessing that you have an anti-virus program, but if you don't, you need to get one now. AVG Free is a popular one. Make sure that you have your Windows Firewall turned on.
That's about all I know, hope it helps.

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by zaher1988 on 08-11-2005 at 09:49 AM

the best spayware bla bla, program i think is microsoft antispyware, it's so good!. try it

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by brian on 08-12-2005 at 10:25 PM

Not really; SpyBot S&D is better than MS Antispyware.

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by Curtis on 08-12-2005 at 10:46 PM

Spybot S&D barley has updates though, MS spyware almost always has an update.  For anti-virus I would suggest Avast!4 Home Edition.  As for the firewall thing, it wouldn't matter really, I've gotten through my friend's firewall loads of times.

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by NiteMare on 08-12-2005 at 11:19 PM

i use both :refuck:, spybot cus its firmiliar, and i think it find different stuff, Giant(Microsoft bought them out, so its the same thing), for its active scanning:D

RE: Messenger under an hack attack? by Veggie on 08-12-2005 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
I've gotten through my friend's firewall loads of times
OMG HAX!
I always recommend a firewall