Shoutbox

Internet shutdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Internet shutdown (/showthread.php?tid=48804)

Internet shutdown by Exca on 08-11-2005 at 03:34 PM

#Hi, I just made 2 partitions on my friends computer, with both XP installed, one partition is to mess aroud, the second one is for work only and there he doesn't want any internet. Is there a way to shut down the internet in windows? I can't plug out the calbe as he wants internet on his other partition ofcourse...
#And, While booting you get the choice of running windows on partition one or two, but the name you can choose is two times the same: "Windows XP Home edition". Can you change it? And windows standard boots from the work-partition (D:) while we'd rather see it booting standard from the usual partition (C:) ??
tnx

RE: Internet shutdown by user13774 on 08-11-2005 at 03:46 PM

About the first thing:
You can go to control panel -> network connections and then disable the network connection (LAN-connection by default) if you use an ethernet modem/LAN for connecting to the internet

RE: Internet shutdown by Ezra on 08-11-2005 at 03:50 PM

I think the names can be changed in the boot.ini file on the first partition

RE: Internet shutdown by Exca on 08-11-2005 at 06:16 PM

TNX :)

RE: Internet shutdown by Exca on 08-11-2005 at 06:24 PM

Okay, i typed 'msconfig' in execute on the start menu en at the boot.ini tab i was able to set the first partition to standard, but I wasn't able to set the name there tough, but it was displayed

EDIT: Already managed it :)