Shoutbox

icons on my desktop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: icons on my desktop (/showthread.php?tid=48817)

icons on my desktop by alekseevna on 08-11-2005 at 06:41 PM

I installed messenger plus without the sponsor program and i still get these icons on my desktop for a dating site a ring tone site etc. I originally installed the messenger plus with the sponsor program but i later deleted the sponsor program and it was working fine. I later signed in an old user and out popped those stupid icons on my desk top. I followed all the instrutions on to how to remove the sponsor program I even removed plus completely and installed again and I still get those damned icons. How can i get rid of them? Please help me someone.

RE: icons on my desktop by mwe99 on 08-11-2005 at 06:55 PM

Check you haven't installed the sponser:

Sponser Removal

As you have uninstalled the sponser, you may have additional spyware,
try running Spybot, and Adware or you can try Microsoft AntiSpyware

However please note with Microsoft AntiSpyware, it will detect Plus! as spyware so please use the advanced options to allow it to run

RE: icons on my desktop by saviour on 08-11-2005 at 07:25 PM

sponsor removal doesnt help - I did that it and I still get some of the crap it gives

spyware/adware/whatever scan doesnt work - it will just come right back in after its deleted

seem like your getting the same problem im getting so your best option is to deal with it like im currently stuck doing

RE: icons on my desktop by absorbation on 08-11-2005 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saviour

spyware/adware/whatever scan doesnt work - it will just come right back in after its deleted

you should uninstall using the uninstaller always using the scanners makes it cupport and you will need to reinstall plus! with the sponsor then remove it normally :P