Shoutbox

Gordan Freeman + G-Man? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? (/showthread.php?tid=48867)

Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by user27089 on 08-12-2005 at 07:51 PM

I have just been looking for some pictures of the glasses that Gordan Freeman wears (don't ask), and I came across an image... This:

[Image: vorschau.jpg]

For those that play half life 2, then you will know who I am talking about, the g-man is the man that pops up in random places in the game watching over you and things. You also see him in Half Life 1 a lot. He gives you the pep-talk on Half life 2, and at the endings, throughout both games. On expansions you also see him talking to people and things, quite weird really.

I was wondering, is Gordan the G-Man's son or something, or are they clones? If you look at that image, the similarities between them are strange.

Also, I think Valve have done this on purpose, including the name the G-man.

Gordan Freeman... ?

Clone, father... brother? Who knows, it's just weird.

no i'm not turning into blade.

Same eyes, same proportions, same hair accept neat, no beard either, or glasses of course... I think I may need to do some image editing...

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by Eljay on 08-12-2005 at 08:12 PM

maybe valve got lazy and just modified the model instead of making a new one? =P

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by user27089 on 08-13-2005 at 09:05 AM

I think the similarities are too convenient to be honest though. I think in Half Life 3, we will find out some strange things...

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by x2zen on 08-13-2005 at 09:12 AM

What about Adam Savage? He also looks extremely like Freeman.

I doubt they got lazy, i'm sure we will get some clues in HL3 :P

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by John Anderton on 08-13-2005 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think the similarities are too convenient to be honest though. I think in Half Life 3, we will find out some strange things...
True .... i was wondering about that too :D
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
maybe valve got lazy and just modified the model instead of making a new one? =P
lol :P
RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by Caboose on 08-14-2005 at 03:48 AM

Those are pretty good finds, I never noticed them.

Does anyone really know who/what GMan is? *-)

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
Those are pretty good finds, I never noticed them.

Does anyone really know who/what GMan is? *-)
Yeah i was wondering too cause since the time blade posted the vid of the hl2 ending i have been confused about what he meant :S
RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by user27089 on 08-14-2005 at 06:27 AM

He was on Half Life 1, I noticed also that you see him throughout the game on Half Life 1, talking to people and stuff, you also see him on the expansions, like blue-shift and opposing force...

On Half Life 2 though, I noticed him in lots of places, throughout the game, the vortigons (Aliens), are watching it, and if you get in fast enough, you can see the G-Man on the Television set. You also see him in high places, watching you from above, then walk off with his briefcase, I have found some pictures on the internet. There is a few that they haven't noted, and that is the one with the alien watching on the television, and the one where you are in a room, a tv is on it's side without the plug in, and the gman is on it... (On this game, things are exact, a tv doesn't work without the plug socket etc.

-Chapter 1: At the beginning.

-Chapter 2: On a monitor screen in Dr. Kleiner's lab after Barney finishes at the terminal.

-Chapter 3: On the TV that the Vortigaunt is watching inside the red train carriage.

-Chapter 4: Standing on the pier in front of Station 7 at the beginning of the chapter.

-Chapter 4: Flickering on a giant monitor attached to the high-rise building. It is very quick, but if you look carefully you can see the skeletal form of G-Man on the screen.

-Chapter 6: On a small gantry near the second covered bridge.

-Chapter 6: In the last part of the chapter you will come across a pier next to a dam. Get onto the pier by driving up the ramp in your speedboat and turn left by the big red warehouse. You can see G-Man staring to the right at the bottom of the rest of the pier.

-Walking into a train tunnel beyond the railcar blocking the railroad. See the "Hidden G-Man" hint for a detailed description. Note: This sighting is not in the official strategy guide.

-Chapter 9: Looking through a window near a pair of double doors on a monitor screen at the beginning.

-Chapter 11: On a TV at the ruined foyer at the tenement block after you and Dog get separated.

-Chapter 14: At the end.

[Image: a_red_letter_day.jpg]

[Image: highway_17.jpg]

[Image: nova_prospect.jpg]

[Image: water_hazard_1.jpg]

[Image: water_hazard_3.jpg]

[Image: water_hazard_2.jpg]

[Image: ravenholm.jpg]

There are more, they're the ones I can only find.

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 06:49 AM

But still ... any ideas who the hell is he :P
And wtf did he mean there at the end of hl2 ...
I was confused after looking at it :P

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by Negro_Joe on 08-14-2005 at 01:26 PM

I dunno about this chappy. I reckon hes an alien or something, im not sure. Youd od see him on hl1 thoug talking to the scientists, and later the soldiers which are sent in to kill you, i t annoys me not knowing ewaht the ehll is going on in both of them.

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by Apatik on 08-14-2005 at 04:28 PM

eeer i may spoil some people here but you actually "talk" with the g-man at the end of HL1. He offers you to work for him and his organisation on the study of alien worlds etc. He seems to be working with (for?) the government, and I wonder if this has not been confirmed by valve itself.
He also is at the beginning of a mod which was distributed with CS retail in france, I didn't finish that one though. (forgot the name too...) But I remember of a looong intro taking place in the office of the g-man, where he keeps talking about alien things :p

For OpFor & BShift, it's quite logical to find him there as they're only HL1's story viewed from another side.

I didn't finish HL2 either, but it seems that we don't learn anything interesting in it anyway...

(the models likeness is a nice find ;))

RE: Gordan Freeman + G-Man? by Jhrono on 08-14-2005 at 04:39 PM

Pretty odd...i'm sure he is going to be known in HL3..