Shoutbox

what do you guys of this pop mail thingy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy (/showthread.php?tid=48869)

what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by guanako on 08-12-2005 at 08:13 PM

i found this and i want to know if its any good for hotmail or anything and or if you know of any other like this :)

check it out

RE: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by emit on 08-12-2005 at 08:22 PM

there was something a while back called HotPop I think for Hotmail... ask Tochjo about it, I think he's the expert.

RE: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by Tochjo on 08-12-2005 at 09:02 PM

Hotmail Popper allowed you to check your Hotmail account as were it a POP account. However, as the site mentions:

quote:
Microsoft has recently decided that only paying members and existing 'valued' members will be able access Hotmail using outside services such as Hotmail Popper. Hotmail Popper will continue working with a "Hotmail Plus" (or equivalent MSN) account. It will also continue working if you have an older Hotmail account that Microsoft considers a 'valued' account.
Also note that if you wish to use it, find a link to version 2 instead of version 3; version 2 is freeware, whereas version 3 is not (you can find a link to the free version if you search this forum).
RE: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by emit on 08-13-2005 at 12:30 AM

Yay, told you Tots knew.

RE: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by CookieRevised on 08-13-2005 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i found this and i want to know if its any good for hotmail or anything and or if you know of any other like this :)

check it out

Agent is mainly a newsgroup reader, not a mail client!
And there are hundreds of such programs (to read (usenet) newsgroups); other equally good (or better) most popular alternatives are Outlook (Express), Thunderbird, etc...
RE: what do you guys of this pop mail thingy by guanako on 08-13-2005 at 03:48 AM

ok i chtanks all