Shoutbox

does the feature knowing when window is closed work? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? (/showthread.php?tid=48911)

does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by Kashif on 08-13-2005 at 03:23 PM

this feature in stuff plug ng .. of knowing when the other side closes window ...

does it work acurately .. couz i have friends who tell me that they didnt close my window .. but even then it shows me that they did ...

i know my friends dont lie to me .. and yes .. sometimes it work acurate

but not all the time

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by mwe99 on 08-13-2005 at 04:38 PM

Due to a change in protocol in the programming of MSN 7.0, StuffPlug! notification can no longer be reliable.

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by Kashif on 08-13-2005 at 05:51 PM

ahh thnx . couz this was beginning to b a little confusing . like sometimes it was correct and at times it wasnt ..

thnx neways :)

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by matty on 08-13-2005 at 06:05 PM

If a contact is unresponsive for a period of time MSN Messenger will automatically close the connection between the two parties which in turn, the way SPNG detets it, is the contact closing the conversation window.

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by absorbation on 08-13-2005 at 11:06 PM

the creator is trying to make it better using many techniques in the next version ;)

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by Kashif on 08-14-2005 at 07:03 AM

ahan .. cool .. so u mean in the next version its always going to b accurate or is there still a doubt for it to b unreliable ?

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by linx05 on 08-14-2005 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kashif
ahan .. cool .. so u mean in the next version its always going to b accurate or is there still a doubt for it to b unreliable ?
It will still be unreliable. But I have heard that it will be a little bit more reliable with the way it detects opening windows.
RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by Kashif on 08-14-2005 at 04:33 PM

hmmm but that means u can never b sure if it was ever correct

i mean .. u would still have doubt all the time in ur mind IFFFF IT IS CORRECT

or there can b some sorta hints where u can easily guess that the information given this time is correct or not regarding window closing 8-)

RE: does the feature knowing when window is closed work? by CookieRevised on 08-15-2005 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kashif
or there can b some sorta hints where u can easily guess that the information given this time is correct or not regarding window closing
There are already lots of hints if you know how to interpret the messages and place them in the right context. I'm not going to repeat them all here because listing all the possebilities and their explainations would be too much, but a search on the forum will inform you about them as there are already many threads about this subject...