Shoutbox

Can you hold your liquor? *hic* - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* (/showthread.php?tid=48924)

Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by NiteMare on 08-14-2005 at 12:30 AM

can you hold your Liquor? if not how meny drinks before you lose it?(average), Any funny drunk stories?

RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
can you hold your Liquor? if not how meny drinks befor eyou lose it?(average)

depends what u mean by lose it ???
4 pints. feeling it
8 pints. pissed
10 pints. pretty hammer but can still remember.
12+ pints. gotta ask what happened in the nite, the next morning :P

most people i kno are hammered after 7/8 pints tho, and can't remember anything
RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by L. Coyote on 08-14-2005 at 12:40 AM

I can get drunk with 1 litre of beer. I think it's cuz I'm short. :P

I once drank 2 bottles (1lt each) and had to walk around the town before coming back home, because I was too drunk. My mother would have killed me. :P

RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Regexp
I can get drunk with 1 litre of beer. I think it's cuz I'm short. :P

I once drank 2 bottles (1lt each) and had to walk around the town before coming back home, because I was too drunk. My mother would have killed me. :P

your mum would kill u....and you're 20 rofl :lol::lol:
RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by L. Coyote on 08-14-2005 at 12:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
your mum would kill u....and you're 20 rofl :lol::lol:
I wasn't 20 at the time, but yeah. I live with her, so I live under her rules out of respect. Which means: no coming/getting drunk in the house.
RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by [MR] on 08-14-2005 at 01:00 AM

when i went to mexico i had some blue hawaiians with liqor in it and it only took one glass of them to make me have a little buzz...i felt like i was moving and i was laughing for no reason.

RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by NiteMare on 08-14-2005 at 01:05 AM

haha, last sunday, i had 4 beers and 2 coolers in may neighbors pool(send off party, since we're moving), and i didn't feel a thing, just alittle tired, then i got out of the pool, DAMN i fell back in to the pool, TWICE, haha and i was infront of my parents too:P

RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by [MR] on 08-14-2005 at 01:06 AM

quote:
i fell back in to the pool
:rofl: dang...
RE: Cann you hold your liquor? by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 01:07 AM

quote:
haha, last sunday, i had 4 beers and 2 coolers in may neighbors pool(send off party, since we're moving), and i didn't feel a thing, just alittle tired, then i got out of the pool, DAMN i fell back in to the pool, TWICE, haha and i was infront of my parents too:P
and u voted that u can handle your beer *-)
RE: Can you hold your liquor? by NiteMare on 08-14-2005 at 01:08 AM

seriously, since your floating in the pool you don't feel teh disoriantaion you usualy do when drunk, so i climb up the ladder and fall backwards back in, twice, finaly i gave up and headed for the stairs

quote:
quote:

those coolers were 20% alchohal, and twice the size of a beer

RE: Can you hold your liquor? by [MR] on 08-14-2005 at 01:09 AM

quote:
seriously, since your floating in the pool you don't feel teh disoriantaion you usualy do when drunk, so i climb up the ladder and fall backwards back in, twice, finaly i gave up and headed for the stairs

:rofl: im still laughing at that!
RE: Can you hold your liquor? by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 01:15 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

those coolers were 20% alchohal, and twice the size of a beer

so its not alot ...... i could drink 12 cans, which is like 18/19 usa cans and i still wouldn't fall into a pool

http://www.geocities.com/and_pollett/beer52.htm
uk cans == red
usa cans == green on the left
RE: Can you hold your liquor? by NiteMare on 08-14-2005 at 01:17 AM

true, i wasn't that drunk, but its the suddenness of getting out of the pool, its like instant drunk, few seconds later i was walking fine

RE: Can you hold your liquor? by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 01:19 AM

quote:
true, i wasn't that drunk, but its the suddenness of getting out of the pool, its like instant drunk, few seconds later i was walking fine
fast it, u should be clickin no, i wasted fast.... i kno little kids that can drive more :rolleyes:

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by CookieRevised on 08-14-2005 at 06:32 AM

toddy, tbh, don't be so proud of it.

As a matter of fact, most people I know of your age greatly exaggerate their abilities of drinking.

Also, why on earth are you laughing at Regexp? Because he lives at his parents home and respect their rules? Nothing to be laughing at if you ask me, but something to respect and taken as example.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Chrono on 08-14-2005 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

As a matter of fact, most people I know of your age greatly exaggerate their abilities of drinking.

Also, why on earth are you laughing at Regexp? Because he lives at his parents home and respect their rules? Nothing to be laughing at if you ask me, but something to respect and taken as example.
agreed (Y)

toddy (N)

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Purity on 08-14-2005 at 06:40 AM

Oh ya!  Takes alot to get me drunk.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 06:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:

agreed (Y)

toddy (N)

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Purity on 08-14-2005 at 06:50 AM

At least it's cheeper to get drunk. ^o)

Which I'd be happy about.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Joa on 08-14-2005 at 06:56 AM

i don't drink if i can avoid it :tongue:. i don't like drinking alcohol. i like liquors but i think that the alcohol ruins their taste :sad:. i used to think it takes a lot to get me drunk.. but 8-) it doesn't take THAT much. :sad:

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Purity on 08-14-2005 at 06:59 AM

I actually don't drink alot my self, I try to avoid it, I don't wanna end up like my dad.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
i don't drink if i can avoid it . i don't like drinking alcohol.
Agreed .... there are so many other things id rather do :P
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by NiteMare on 08-14-2005 at 07:10 AM

quote:

lol exactly, i know i exaggerate, but i got nothing else to go on:P
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by linx05 on 08-14-2005 at 08:06 AM

I can hold it pretty well I guess.

I went to my cousins 30th a while back and there was free beer and wine. Since I'm not a wine drinker I just drank the beers. I was drinking them pretty fast. I was alright. Then my other cousin started to buy me shots. The yellow galliano shots (my nemesis. The only drink I can't handle from what I've tried). He bought me two, then my aunty and I had two more shots. Then a couple more beers. After the night was over they were all going to go out into the Valley for clubbing. I came. There, my cousin bought me a double shot of rum/cola. And then one shot of bourbon/cola.

I was so wasted. We ended up catching a taxi home because we were out of a club after the 3am curfew. On the way home I had a bit of a throw up in the cab. Then another but this time on the side of the road (which I slipped in :S ). I eventually got home, not having to pay for any of the drinks, I had to pay for the cab ride home (half was paid by my cousin who went half way) and the fine for messing up the cab which was $75.

All in all, it was a night to remember. I don't regret it. It's just another story to tell your kids before they go out drinking...

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Pinchichuv on 08-14-2005 at 08:33 AM

let my think the last time i drink a lot was last weekend, my and some friends rented a house near a beach here in mexico (san carlos, Sonora) and we bought a little more thn 400 cans of bear (10 friends). i think i drunk about 20 cans a day or more

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by saralk on 08-14-2005 at 08:47 AM

I don't drink a lot really, I have only been drunk twice, once when I was quite young and started drinking the bits left in people's drinks at a party. And another time when I drank a whole bottle of wine. In the latter, i threw it all up pretty soon after :P.

I have a friend who claims he drinks a lot, and he always tells us boring stories at school. And everyone makes fun of him because of his constant you-had-to-be-there stories, but it has got to a point where people will just walk away from him mid story.

So kids, don't drink because all your friends will walk away from you!

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 08:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I don't drink a lot really, I have only been drunk twice, once when I was quite young and started drinking the bits left in people's drinks at a party. And another time when I drank a whole bottle of wine. In the latter, i threw it all up pretty soon after :P.

I have a friend who claims he drinks a lot, and he always tells us boring stories at school. And everyone makes fun of him because of his constant you-had-to-be-there stories, but it has got to a point where people will just walk away from him mid story.

So kids, don't drink because all your friends will walk away from you!
(Y)
Me and my friends feel the same way about many other vices too ... that i wouldnt like to state atm .... but you know em :P

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Veggie on 08-14-2005 at 09:57 AM

My friends dont walk away from me as i drink... as they drink aswell....
me and my friends are drinking more than our fair share at the moment as its the holidays and exam results on thursday (yn) but we all know our limits so we just have fun. There is nothing wrong with drinking, its true that everybody has some bad experiences but thats when you are finding your limit.
Im not going into how much cans wise we drink but it is a fairly large amount...

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by saralk on 08-14-2005 at 10:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
My friends dont walk away from me as i drink... as they drink aswell....
me and my friends are drinking more than our fair share at the moment as its the holidays and exam results on thursday (yn) but we all know our limits so we just have fun. There is nothing wrong with drinking, its true that everybody has some bad experiences but thats when you are finding your limit.
Im not going into how much cans wise we drink but it is a fairly large amount...

i'm not saying there is anything wrong with having a few drinks with your friends, but this guy that I am talking about claims he gets drunk every night, and adopts the motto "if your liver isn't fucked by the time your 17, there is something wrong with you", he doesn't really have any friends.
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Veggie on 08-14-2005 at 10:33 AM

yeah i respect that saralk, i dont like people you drink to get wasted. We drink to have a good time (yes we still have a good time without drinking) but its really not about how much you get drunk its more the act of drinking and how you get to that state of drunkenness, we have a great laugh, and there needs to be more laughter in the world.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by emit on 08-14-2005 at 12:32 PM

I tend to notice the effect of the alcohol behind my eyes after about half a litre of a spirit (jack daniels, whiskey, vodka). A litre and a half is me drunk and dancing/singing. 2 litres is being unable to type and being almost comatose on the floor. 2 and a half litres is waking up with the shakes and the mother of all hangovers.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by toddy on 08-14-2005 at 04:17 PM

quote:

u can come down to the pub with me if u like....i will show you that i'm not lying

chromo u can come too, don't worry <3 :P
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Jhrono on 08-14-2005 at 04:32 PM

quote:

totally agreed..
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by ~INVASION~ on 08-14-2005 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Any funny drunk stories?

wheres proxy when you need him :P
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by ~INVASION~ on 08-14-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I actually don't drink alot my self, I try to avoid it, I don't wanna end up like my dad.
i agree with you on that one :dodgy:
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Ginger on 08-15-2005 at 08:14 PM

Damn straight i can hold my liquor! i can drink and drink and drink and not puke.. unless i have too much whisky. Whisky almost makes me feel a bit gross and its hard to swallow.. and it smells bad.
This weekend i went to my friends house and we were all drinking and one of them decided to jump into the fire to see whether or not his fire pants actually worked and.. they didnt really. It was kind of sad and then he played a fall out boy cd all weekend and it got stuck in my head and i fell asleep in a pile of dirty clothes and we went swimming in his pond.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Tasha on 08-15-2005 at 08:47 PM

quote:

agreed. (y)

As you notice, i'm 13, so i've never actually been drunk, and it would be stupid if I had been. I have had like, wine before, but meh. When I can drink, i'm not really going too, I don't see the point. And it costs a lot of money to go out and drink, not to mention it ruins your health. :undecided:
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Fourjays on 08-15-2005 at 08:48 PM

I've never been drunk, or really drunk alcohol at all. I have tried beer, and hated the taste (and Im not a fussy eater/drinker). From ones I have tried, I only like Shandy and Wine.

I haven't drunk either of those in about a year now, so I doubt I will ever drink anything again. :p

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by mwe99 on 08-15-2005 at 08:50 PM

quote:
quote:

well im saying agreed too, maybe you should try to excersise some respect for people and forum members, especially newbies...

and as for me i havent drank ever so :chronotongue:

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Negro_Joe on 08-15-2005 at 11:03 PM

I never used to drink regualrly but recently i have found myself getting hammered almost every week, im not saying this is a good thing. But its wierd how accesible alcohol is these days! im only 15!

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by qgroessl on 08-16-2005 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Any funny drunk stories?

Yeah was with my a couple friends, and they got this all on digital camera, but deleted it so the moms wouldn't see..... I got drunk, pissed on his door because they wouldn't let me go downstairs cause i'd have waken up his parents....

Also that same night I wrote a nasty email to my girlfriend and had no memory of it the next day when she bitched at me...

When I finally passed out, I passed out, but I woke up, laughed, puked, laughed again, and fell back asleep..... Friends cleaned me up pretty good and I felt like 1,000,000 bucks the next morning....

All of this was told to me... I can't actually remember it myself.
Subject: by *Saint* on 08-16-2005 at 01:09 AM

lol its funny when friends have to tell you have you did the day before

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by ddunk on 08-16-2005 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl

O.O
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by MC Inferno on 08-16-2005 at 01:59 AM

I got drunk into a rining game resulting in me knocking back 8 pints within half an hur. needless to say, i was wasted. i eventally spewed fr half an hour straight, to which m mate called my nan off my phone and she came and carried me home with my uncle and i spewed in her house 3 times too. i woke up the next day and bought her some flowers to say sorry. :P

but except for that and a few other incidents, i can handle my ale pretty good. i went to a weddin on the weekend jus gone, and was drinking from 12 noon to about 1 in the morning..... i was fine getting home. i was half gutted about that acctually lol

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by NiteMare on 08-16-2005 at 02:18 AM

my friend got drunk and proposed to a tree once, got it on video i think, they showed it to his girl friend :P

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Ginger on 08-16-2005 at 03:08 AM

OO funny things that have happened..

I threw up into someones mouth once.. but that was more gross than funny.
My friend went to sleep in a trailer but the trailer started rolling down the hill.
MY brothers gf wanted him to bang her really badly and he shut her down so she went and humped a tree.
My friend decided to examine my shoe and ended up throwin it in the fire, only to fish it out and throw it into his lake (pond) that he has.
I passed out in a barn and woke up screaming about cows.

And finally.. Tree = Stripper pole. Enough said

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by qgroessl on 08-16-2005 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
quote:

Originally posted by qgroessl

O.O

And to think... that was last year ;)... I was 13... haha... I haven't done much since, been too busy to drink.
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Stigmata on 08-16-2005 at 09:32 PM

hmmmm

im not a heavy drinker.

like i will always stop if i feel like shit, and in a public place.

ive never *ever* been properly drunk.

i remember everything, and im always thinking about what im doing. but i guess im more prone to do things i shouldnt.

the only time i was bit shite was when i had something like 14 cans and god knows how many shots and fuck knows what else. but that was over a good 12 hour period. day till dawn. good party. my mates parents mates are lesbians and were such a laugh, making us cocktails and such :P
and one of his parents mates pretended to be superman cus i was wearing my superman top :P

hmm at this party. i hopped the fence into the next door neighbours. and started jumping on their trampoline :D great fun. kneed someone in the face.... then tryed to jump back over, ripped my jeans on a nail... rather pissed off at that...

i always end up looking after my mates aswell... who are in a worse state then i am... i remember carring my mates girlfriend (ex now) up the stares because she couldnt walk... cleaning up 4 my ex gf ( i had a bowl in my hands which she puked into) & cleaning leather couch with bits of carrot on.

new years...
rode 15 miles on a bike to meet traxor :)
mate ran naked around  this roundabout
walked mates through town to find somewhere to sleep.
we lost one of my mates then five minutes later he appears with a fire extinguisher.... you can guess the expression on my face..

jeez...overall..

i mean. drink. have fun. but learn not to take it too far.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Ginger on 08-17-2005 at 01:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
i mean. drink. have fun. but learn not to take it too far.
(y)
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Lou on 08-17-2005 at 02:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:

agreed. (y)

As you notice, i'm 13, so i've never actually been drunk, and it would be stupid if I had been. I have had like, wine before, but meh. When I can drink, i'm not really going too, I don't see the point. And it costs a lot of money to go out and drink, not to mention it ruins your health. :undecided:
Im like you...but I have gotten a bit more alchohol than you:P But anyways, I sumtimes drink..but one beer and stuff and not much more so its all good..and my dad doesnt care slong as its no more than that.
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by albert on 08-17-2005 at 03:06 AM

I do not drink.. even though my parents sometimes offer me a beer, I do not drink.. I do not like loosing control of myself.. or risking to.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Y2Pdogg on 08-17-2005 at 05:26 AM

I hate the taste of most alcohol so meh..

RE: RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Pinchichuv on 08-17-2005 at 06:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ginger

MY brothers gf wanted him to bang her really badly and he shut her down so she went and humped a tree.

And finally.. Tree = Stripper pole. Enough said

:lol: humped on a tree

Tree = Stripper pole.

now thats cool/hot
RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by toddy on 08-17-2005 at 11:32 AM

could any of you drink 6 cans, 3 pints and about (can't remember the exact number :P) 15 bottles !! get in at 4am and then go to work an hour later ?!?!?!?!?!

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Veggie on 08-17-2005 at 11:51 AM

yeah but i dont boast.

RE: Can you hold your liquor? *hic* by Pr0xY on 08-17-2005 at 10:12 PM

You should all remember my drinking story.... there was some running from the cops and driving away from them... at like 125 mph. :p