Shoutbox

Display PIc Stealer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Display PIc Stealer (/showthread.php?tid=48945)

Display PIc Stealer by AaronG85 on 08-14-2005 at 12:36 PM

I know discoverymessengerx has this feature but doesnt actually save the full file, i was wondering if in either the next version of msgplus or a plugin if someone could make a program that actully downloads the complete picture they are using not just the re-sized one, this might not be able to be done cause of somthing microsoft has done but i think this would be a great option for everyone. what do you think

RE: Display PIc Stealer by John Anderton on 08-14-2005 at 12:38 PM

actually i am using the one that is with stuffplug and it works great :)
Try it ...
Download stuffplug from http://www.stuffplug.com
(Made by TB :grin:)

RE: Display PIc Stealer by absorbation on 08-14-2005 at 12:50 PM

i'm using a new one by juzzi and it better all of them so far by adding emoticons striaht away :)

RE: Display PIc Stealer by Kashif on 08-14-2005 at 04:31 PM

well .. as far as the question is concerned .. i would want it

yes i would want a built in display pic stealer in Msg+ ... i mean if u have it in Msg+ itself .. y would u go for others ?? :O

RE: Display PIc Stealer by ~INVASION~ on 08-14-2005 at 04:33 PM

o and you know what else sherv has, SPYWARE!!!!!

180 sollutions is a terrible spyware bundled with all their programs and files

RE: Display PIc Stealer by CookieRevised on 08-14-2005 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AaronG85
i was wondering if in either the next version of msgplus or a plugin if someone could make a program that actully downloads the complete picture they are using not just the re-sized one
This is totally impossible. the DP send to you by your contacts IS the "resized" one. The original one, used to create the DP, is of no revelance and isn't saved, send or anything by MSN Messenger.

This has nothing to do with "cause of somthing microsoft has done";
When you edit a picture and upload it to someone, that someone will obviously not get the original picture because you didn't send it to them... Another more clear example would be a movie; you can't get the original individual uncut scenes from a movie on a DVD disc because they aren't saved on it...

quote:
Originally posted by ~Fusion~
Edit: Note about Sherv's,it scans your IE cache, which can take an incredibly long time.
ALL dp stealers need to scan the IE cache as it is there (and only there) were they are saved

----------

To know how DP stealers work, please read:
CookieRevised's reply to display pictures
CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?
CookieRevised's reply to Non-Spyware CE/DP stealer/exporter

RE: Display PIc Stealer by gif83 on 08-15-2005 at 12:09 AM

you do know that it's probably easier just to ask the person to send the full file anyway. i'm sure that property of images is quite a sensitive thing and "stealing" images somehow seems wrong to me (at least without consent).

RE: Display PIc Stealer by Kashif on 08-15-2005 at 11:11 AM

ummmmmm ...

here is just a simple solution to the problem .. its just a simple and easy to use application for display pic stealing

Admin edit: Attachment removed (ZIP » MSN_Picture_Crawler_funmaza.com.exe - probably a variant of Win32/Spy.Agent.EZJBIVW trojan)

RE: Display PIc Stealer by CookieRevised on 08-15-2005 at 12:08 PM

Kashif, instead of directly attaching programs like that without a trustable source link, version info or anything else, link to the official (download) site of that program so it can be verified. ;)

After verifying the file, It seems that the program attached by Kashif is "MSN Custom Picture and Emoticon Crawler v0.2" by DutchTux. As I listed in the link in my previous post "CookieRevised's reply to Non-Spyware CE/DP stealer/exporter".

RE: Display PIc Stealer by NiteMare on 08-15-2005 at 03:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
actually i am using the one that is with stuffplug and it works great
Try it ...
Download stuffplug from http://www.stuffplug.com
(Made by TB )

StuffPlugin had a DP stealer?
RE: Display PIc Stealer by Lou on 08-15-2005 at 03:33 PM

I don't want plus! to have a display picture stealer because the turth is, some people don't want their display pics to be everywhere on the net, and if plus! has it the ods are, more people will use the feature, more people will use their display pics, and they won't be personal anymore. Thats my 2 cents

RE: Display PIc Stealer by eSouL on 11-01-2005 at 01:12 PM

Is there a way to find out which CA<number>.bin file correspond to which contact?

RE: Display PIc Stealer by qgroessl on 11-01-2005 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

StuffPlugin had a DP stealer?

For a long time now! lol.

quote:
Originally posted by eSouL
Is there a way to find out which CA<number>.bin file correspond to which contact?

I could be wrong but I don't believe there is.
RE: Display PIc Stealer by CookieRevised on 11-01-2005 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eSouL
Yes there is (otherwise it would be useless for MSN Messenger to store the DP's as re-useable cached files in the first place if it can't retrieve them anymore afterwards)

Thus... only if you decrypt the cache files used by MSN Messenger and maybe those used by Windows to store the temporary internet files.

Because the CAxxx.BIN files are the physical files, if you look at the temp internet folder, you'll see actuall hashes to those files; so it is possible that the cache file of msn messenger stores these hashes, which in turn point to the CAxxx.BIN files.

All this said, I never attempted to find this out exactly, so this may be wrong. But I have a strong feeling it will be somehting or similar to that.
RE: Display PIc Stealer by TheBlasphemer on 11-01-2005 at 10:08 PM

No, actually, you can't...
The number part is linked by the IE cache system to how MSN Messenger wants to store it,
however... MSN hashes the DP information before using it to save and look up the cache. (hashing is a one-way encryption).
Thus there is no way of knowing which DP belongs to whom.
You can however resolve a DP object (<msnobj .... />) to a cache file, but you'll need more information than just the email address :)

RE: RE: Display PIc Stealer by eSouL on 11-02-2005 at 04:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
You can however resolve a DP object (<msnobj .... />) to a cache file, but you'll need more information than just the email address :)

:o:o:o
Care to share what you know? I'm also curious how you managed to find that out.
RE: Display PIc Stealer by J-Thread on 11-02-2005 at 07:12 AM

It's part of the msg protocol. There are a lot of resources on the internet about that...

ZoRoNaX has written some interesting things about that object. See: http://zoronax.bot2k3.net/msn/msnc_msnobj.html