Shoutbox

Icon Creator - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Icon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=48969)

Icon Creator by mwe99 on 08-15-2005 at 01:00 AM

Which is the best (high quality) Icon Creation software in your opinion? I'm looking for an icon creator and dont mind paying...

suggestions please :)

RE: Icon Creator by Guido on 08-15-2005 at 02:07 AM

Axialis IconWorkshop

RE: Icon Creator by zach on 08-15-2005 at 05:30 AM

I might try that too. I tried IconPackager by Stardock and when I uninstalled it because of some problems, it left every thing the same except for images it couldn't find were errors. I had to do a system restore to get it back to normal. Except now, on one account, the recycle bin icon has stayed like the IconPacker skin... :@

RE: Icon Creator by Rubber Stamp on 08-15-2005 at 03:31 PM

i would suggest IconDeveloper.....its high qualilty........

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Except now, on one account, the recycle bin icon has stayed like the IconPacker skin...
that happens to me all the time...i have to manually restore them
RE: Icon Creator by Guido on 08-15-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I might try that too. I tried IconPackager by Stardock and when I uninstalled it because of some problems, it left every thing the same except for images it couldn't find were errors. I had to do a system restore to get it back to normal. Except now, on one account, the recycle bin icon has stayed like the IconPacker skin... :@
IconPackager is not an icon creator at all, it's just a program to change system icons... IconWorkshop (and IconDeveloper I presume) are professional icon creation tools.

RE: Icon Creator by zach on 08-16-2005 at 08:49 AM

quote:
IconPackager is not an icon creator at all, it's just a program to change system icons... IconWorkshop (and IconDeveloper I presume) are professional icon creation tools.
Yeah, I know that... Axialis IconWorkshop is a creator and a program to change icons.

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
that happens to me all the time...i have to manually restore them
How do you do that?
RE: Icon Creator by Rubber Stamp on 08-17-2005 at 10:32 AM

use some  program which allows u to choose the .ico file for a file/folder etc. and click a particular dll file in ur WINDOWS/System32 folder, i cant rem which exaclty but it started wid an "s", try it out..it has the system icons

RE: Icon Creator by rav0 on 08-17-2005 at 10:36 AM

IconXP

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.aha-soft.com/iconxp/
IconXP allows professional and amateur graphic artists alike to create and edit icons with smooth transparency.

With IconXP you can

Create and edit icons in either standard or custom sizes, in color depths up to 16 million colors

Create and edit icons for Windows XP in 32-bit color depth with 8-bit alpha channel

Open and edit images in sizes up to 3000x3000

Import images in various graphic formats (ICO, ICPR, BMP, JPEG, ANI, CUR, GIF, PNG, WMF, XPM, XBM, WBMP and Adobe Photoshop PSD) directly into icons

Export icon images to ICO, ICPR, BMP, JPEG, CUR, PNG, GIF, RC, XPM, XBM, WBMP and Adobe Photoshop PSD files

Capture screen images

Paint images with gradient and chess fill

Modify images with drop shadow, smooth, rotate, grayscale, colorize, hue/saturation, roll and mirror effects

Replace image colors

Import and export icon color palettes

Sort images inside icons

Modify the default icons Windows uses to display My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet, Start menu items, drives, shortcut and sharing overlays, system folders and other objects

Customize desktop attributes

Customize folder icons

RE: Icon Creator by ShawnZ on 08-17-2005 at 10:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Axialis IconWorkshop

Agreed.
RE: Icon Creator by absorbation on 08-17-2005 at 10:43 AM

just make the icons in photshop or something then get may73 to do it :refuck: that's what i do :rolleyes:

he usesaxialis iconworkshop :)

RE: Icon Creator by M73A on 08-17-2005 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
just make the icons in photshop or something then get may73 to do it :refuck: that's what i do :rolleyes:

he uses axialis iconworkshop :)
:P

might aswell download it.... comes in handy, lol....

yea... if anyone wants some images made into icons, pm me the image, dimensions, and if yyou want the color to be xp, 256 or 16 or whatever and i can do it quick:P
RE: Icon Creator by Millenium_edition on 08-17-2005 at 11:47 AM

http://www.microangelo.us/microangelo_toolset.asp

this is the one i've always used and it works great :D

RE: Icon Creator by zach on 08-18-2005 at 03:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

How do you always use it if it's only a trial version?

I fixed the icon problem.
RE: Icon Creator by ShawnZ on 08-18-2005 at 04:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Freaky Guy
use some  program which allows u to choose the .ico file for a file/folder etc. and click a particular dll file in ur WINDOWS/System32 folder, i cant rem which exaclty but it started wid an "s", try it out..it has the system icons

First, right click on your desktop click properties, goto the second tab and click the button at the bottom to change the icons

Second, the file is shell32.dll
RE: Icon Creator by Fergy on 08-20-2005 at 02:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition

I have to agree with you on that one, even its older versions were really good.
RE: Icon Creator by [MR] on 08-20-2005 at 03:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
axialis iconworkshop

i used to try to make an icon or two in that program...its was pretty easy but the icon looked like crap.
RE: Icon Creator by Guido on 08-20-2005 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
i used to try to make an icon or two in that program...its was pretty easy but the icon looked like crap.
:-/

That was probably the source material's fault, because IconWorkshop creates perfect icons :-/
RE: Icon Creator by [MR] on 08-20-2005 at 05:32 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
:-/

That was probably the source material's fault, because IconWorkshop creates perfect icons :-/

well i was just saying that i really cant make them that well...i didnt follow a tutorial...
RE: Icon Creator by Guido on 08-20-2005 at 05:45 PM

Ah, sorry :$

RE: Icon Creator by [MR] on 08-21-2005 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Ah, sorry :$
its ok